GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Serenade
Year Created:
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 14 x 21
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
We had an Art Fair here in May and I painted this from a photo of the entertainment, it was Cinco de Mayo. We had a great time.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All responses are welcome. I haven't painted people or fabric in xx years and I hope I basically captured the liveliness of the subjects.

ahughes798
07-30-2012, 11:17 PM
You did a great job with the fabric! It looks real. Over-all, this is a wonderful painting. The only nit I have is that the part of the woman that's against the dark brown door is too sharply cut-out looking. Maybe soften those edges a bit?

Debzy
07-31-2012, 09:20 AM
Beautiful use of water colour! Fabric looks awesome. Lovely bright colours and yes there is life in this scene. The fabric could not have been easy with all those folds! Well done. =)) Cheers. Debs.

Joe'sHottie
07-31-2012, 04:25 PM
Great job! My only concern is where her right shoulder meets the man's shirt - it gets lost there. I would either darken his shirt a bit, or darken that side of her sleeve. Amazing fabric work - and the colors are happy!

Andrewcody
08-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Ditto all the positives above.
I think you have done very well with the fabric of the dress, it is very realistic.
The paving and the building all are well done
My only critique.....is that microphone, I guess that is show business.
Sorry
Andrew

Debzy
08-01-2012, 08:31 PM
lol Andrew!!! I thought perhaps it was some sort of instrument... tin whistle or something along those lines! =))

Margaretta
08-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Oh, she is loving her serenade! Awesome painting for all the reasons stated. My only thought is that there should be more shading on his face under that hat. That too would make him more mysterious. Really good fun and beautifully painted.:clap:

Andrewcody
08-08-2012, 12:43 AM
What sort of love song would he be singing for the Cinco de Mayo celebrations I wonder - perhaps it was the Marseillaise ?