PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 18th July

Mo.
07-17-2003, 08:03 PM
Good morning all... yes it's 1.a.m Friday the 18th July here.... just to confuse my yanky friends, not forgetting the NZ's and those down under.... :D:evil::D.....Just thought I'd get this one up early, in the hope that you folks will pop in and share your day with us all... I've done some more work tonight on my cheetahs three painting, but it's so slow and boring at the moment, not much to show for the three hours work put into it today, maybe I'll get moving more tomorrow..... we know that Sophie is busy with her commission... she's doing well isn't she.... E-J is back from her wedding festivals... but is too quiet for my liking... Smudge is planning his megga party.... Sorry Smudge, won't be able to make the date :( It's the day I return from hols..... who else.... Kat is playing with the oil pastels and doing really well... check out her grapes pic everyone..... Sue is still working on her beautiful WIP portrait..... Smudge also has a WIP on the go, and it's absolutely fab... check them out if you haven't already.... Vegas... is sooo busy, and poor lad has a miserable cold to boot, then poor Guilli's mouse died, and was given the kiss of life....Still think it was fluff up it's bum... :D:D...... sheesh as I'm typing this I have that arrogant prig of P.M. sprouting his piece on the Radio,...... Tony Blair.....sorry folks if there are any Blair supporters out there..

Anyway... this should give you all something to reply to.... I hope.:D:D:D.... Now to confuse you even more..... I'll say..... nos star.. g' night. :D.... heehee.

Mo.

Dyin
07-17-2003, 09:25 PM
Hey, been watching something called Frontier house on PBS...a year in the 1850's for two couples...so everyone take a second to be grateful for having the time to do art...I roughed it a bit in Alaska for awhile...but didn't have to grow my own food at least...Mo, I know what you mean...spent all day doing background and some shadow...seems like it should be easier, but it's not..but I'm sure your kitties will be gorgeous for all the work! Never heard nos star before...has a nice sound to it tho..

angeline
07-18-2003, 02:59 AM
Morning all. Just in from work and having found that 4 of the 6 boxes in my tote got broken somehow ( by my heavy handed hubby!) I have just made my first order from dick blicks........a new tote (cos i love it!.....lol) a full set of nupastels....I have been using my cheap and nasty hard pastels to blend and do first sketches of paintings.....and i have treated my self to some velour paper too!......ooooohhhhhhhh i just love buying new stuff!
Got another 5 nights to go at work......been doing a picture for a belated birthday present for a friend.....a naked male....mmmm.
Will post him when i get him home.
I'm also thinking of trying out the portrait project.......but i still haven't done my chelsea show entry!
Looks like a nice day out again
Have a good day. :)

soap
07-18-2003, 03:12 AM
Hi Guys!
After some (not so refreshing) rain yesterday, the sky is blue again. It is a little bit cooler, so it looks like a great day.
Why don't the weather God's do this in the weekend? Hope it will be like this tomorrow, so we can go out. Today, I will be working some more on my commission, but I've got plenty of time (need it finished by the end of august- am sure it will way before then) and I'll try to finish off another chapter of my thesis to send to my supervisor. Will give her something to read over the weekend ! :D I am sure it beats Harry Potter :D :D
Mo, I am curious to see how the cheetahs are coming along. And how is the work for the big exhibit?
The mouse story was funny! Ha, good to read that at the beginning of the day. I think everybody's computers play up once in a while. Ours is so old (what is it, 3 or 4 years, that is dead old in computer land) and makes all sorts of horrible sounds, as if it is driven by an old fashioned mill stone, or something. Scared that one day I might lose all my digital files of my paintings, not to mention my thesis! I try to back up, but large image file do not fit on a disk.......haven't got a cd rom writer thing...

Anyway, I am rambling, aren't I?! Sorry, back to work!
Cheers all!

(PS: naked male he, Hayley?.....intriguing!)

Smudger
07-18-2003, 04:17 AM
Morning all
Friday is always my busiest day, i have a load of work to do for The Jazz Cafe in Camden, will try to pop back later and see what's happening in the wonderful world of WC

E-J
07-18-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Mo.
E-J is back from her wedding festivals... but is too quiet for my liking...

LOL Mo ... sorry :) Between work and post-holiday chores and my lingering cold, I can't seem to find much creative energy lately, but I do plan to fit some sketching in tonight! Got another sociable Saturday lined up [meeting internet friends in London], but Sunday is set aside for cooking and pastelling.

At work we are about to launch a revamped version of the online information service that I edit. It's taken seven months and has driven me to distraction ... hopefully by this time next week it'll be sorted :rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a great day. Naked male sounds intriguing, Hayley, can't wait to see him :D

Mo.
07-18-2003, 09:30 AM
Hey all you busy bees.... don't forget to stop and smell the roses from time to time...... Have fun...:D

guilliame
07-18-2003, 05:03 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jul-2003/6932-faber.gif
A pic of my faber-castell oil pastels i brought on tues,i did my first pic today,they seem to have a nice feel to them,wether it's the heat i dont know but they feel soft as well,i used them the same way i would with soft pastels,maybe the op's out there can tell me can i use a brush and linseed oil to lay down a colour,have to experiment:D well nearly another day over for us for those of you who still have some of today left enjoy it:)
I'm working tomrrow morning just till middday,then i'm playing golf tee off at 2 so i wont get anything done but come sun decisions decisions,start a new pic,finish some outstanding project pics,quick one for weekly thread,oh well time for zzzzzzzzzzzz:D

E-J
07-18-2003, 05:05 PM
Still waiting for the naked man :D

soap
07-18-2003, 05:11 PM
ditto

Mo.
07-18-2003, 05:16 PM
Your pastels look inviting Guilli...some great colours there, loved the painting you did too.....haven't used oil to spread them, just turps or liquin, and yes you can use a brush dry or wet... check out the Op sticky thread for more tips.

Hayley where's the Nekkid man.... we are waiting. ;D:D

Smudger
07-19-2003, 04:35 AM
Still waiting for the naked man

Oh! you girls are terrible when you get together:D

soap
07-19-2003, 06:44 AM
And men aren't when they get together?????
;)

angeline
07-19-2003, 01:04 PM
OMG! I am laughing so much only just been and spotted this!