PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 17th July.

Mo.
07-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Hey no one started a scumble or grumble today.... better late than never, I've brought this post of guilli's over to this thread for everyone to see made me laugh. :D:D

Well i had a nice day off tues,wed and thurs usual daily grind,i had downloaded my pics into the computer but when i started to sort them out and change the name the computer wouldn't let me type anything in and then to top it all my mouse rolled over and died,i tried to give it the kiss of life with a cotton bud and methylated spirit,couldn't get any jump leads on it but it just sat there in the middle of the screen and refused to budge,had to use the window key tab and arrow keys to shut down,restart in safe mode uninstall mouse software shut down restart install software,so slow the old fashioned way when you dont have a mouse to flit around with,anyway seems to have done the trick,but if it quits on me again he's history

Hey Guilli.... it must have had some gunge there somewhere... or fluff up it's bum. :D:D

Well I've been busy catching up on boring old things today, so won't bore you all with them.... off now to do some painting... hope the rest of the day is good for everyone.

Byee...:D

Mo.

angecald
07-17-2003, 10:59 PM
I can sympathize with Gilly. I've been painting but unable to post because the monitor quit on the computer that has the CD Rom and Photoshop. (The other computer has the Internet, so I have to process the pictures on one and post them on the other.) Now we've aquired a new monitor so I should be back in business, but it's late at night now.

Tomorrow I'm going to Kingston with my sister to visit my daughter do some shoppin -- I plan to hit the art supply store hard and also buy some decent coffee. It will be a nice day but no time to paint.

Finally got my plein-air easel, and I must say I love it but it is a BITCH to carry. My DH suggested I carry it on an old golf bag cart he got at a garage sale for 25 cents. This is not a motorized cart, mind, but something that looks like the back end of a tricycle with a long handle for pulling it around. It works wonderfully in the back yard. I'll get to try it in the park next week.

christmascarolnz
07-18-2003, 03:11 AM
Well, it's cold here. Had the fire going all day to take the chill off the air. Had a bit of a fight with Dolores our kune kune pig when trying to get her behind an electric fence - cantankerous female!
Mind you, her wet nose touched it the other day and she ran off squealing...."and the piggy went wee wee wee all the way home".
My art teacher is having a closing down sale with 50% off everything and I bought a portable easel box for $NZ60 instead of $120. It comes with a set of Georgian Daler Rowney paints, 3 small canvas boards, a small bottle of turpentine and a brush. Not a bad price I thought.
Also went looking at digital cameras...anyone else recommend one?
Cheers,
Carol