PDA

View Full Version : Joining

vegaskip
07-26-2012, 09:19 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jul-2012/223281-Joining_800.JPG
Another from a while ago, Two Wildcats joining the circuit of a Fleet carrier.

Come on you lot surely some of you have old paintings lying around. This isn't an exhibition, so it won't matter if they are finished, good, bad, or indifferent. Get them posted, and keep the thread going.
Jim

NeilF92
07-26-2012, 11:16 AM
Might be from a while ago but it still looks good . I like the diffused gray background and the pitch of the aircraft.
Will think about posting some older works but probably shouldn't - I should be cracking on with the new!

vegaskip
07-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Thanks Neil, I look forward to seeing some. I also should be getting painting.
I promised a friend a painting of the ships his grandad served in. The pic will be HMS Medway ,submarine depot ship, in Hong Kong with several submarines alongside, problem, colour scheme 1930 RN, East Indies Fleet white hull and upperworks, Buff funnels, masts etc. China Fleet, white hull Grey upperworks. I have spent ages searching the net, and have photos of Medway in both schemes, and it all seems a bit inconclusive. I personally come down on the Grey upper works. Hope to start tomorrow so we shall see.
Jim

Gray539
07-26-2012, 08:21 PM
I like your point of view on this one, Jim. I always liked those stubby little fighters.

vegaskip
07-27-2012, 03:53 AM
Thanks for your comments, I remember one day at Lossiemouth ,while checking fire extinguishers in the hangers at the far side of the airfield, going into one and there sat a Hellcat and a Fulmar! ( I think they are now at Yoevil) Come to think of it , that would make a very atmospheric painting, with shafts of sunlight through the gloom.
Jim

halthepainter
07-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Another good one Jim.