PDA

View Full Version : On Hiatus

rd2ruin
07-16-2003, 02:40 PM
Aloha!

I know you've all been asking yourself ... "What's Greg been up to?" I can tell by my overstuffed mailbox that you all miss me :rolleyes: :D LOL

In the summers, my artistic endeavors get sidetracked my memories of Hawaii. I've been busy learning and writing slack key instrumentals, a traditional form of Hawaiian Music.

You can sample some of my handy work at http://www.mindspring.com/~rd2ruin/song2.mp3
http://www.mindspring.com/~rd2ruin/song3.mp3

Beware, they are 2MB in size, take a minute or two to load and may bring dialup account conections to their knees.

And here are my excuses up front for when you hear the glaring mistakes on them (they both start out sloppy and get better, trust me):
- The sun was in my eyes
- I was playing on only two strings
- I stubbed my toe while recording
- There was a squirrel in my hair and the cat was attacking me

As soon as I'm done touring the open mic circuit of the greater Philadelphia area, I'm looking forward to returning to my pastels. I have some catching up to do. So much great new stuff has been posted here since I've been around.

Okole maluna!
- Greg

bnoonan
07-16-2003, 02:57 PM
Greg,
Thanks for filling us in. Have to admit that's the last thing I would have expected to read about you but hey - what do I know???

Just finish the summer safely, have a heck of a lot of fun, and come play with us again.

barb

Dyin
07-16-2003, 03:28 PM
WOW! I am replaying it while I type...gave me goosebumps...I really, really like that....you can most certainly be excused for THIS!!!! Had the most beautiful randomization visual that played with it too....now I gotta call a travel agent....(I WISH!!!!)

oooh, just realized there's ANOTHER link there....

Drumbeat-trish
07-16-2003, 03:49 PM
Hey Greg !!!!!!! bout time you checked in . Wish I could hear your slack-key guitar but well you know very very old computer -dial-up connection etc and I'm not gonna be brought to my knees -not even by you ! ! ;) :) Of course you could always send a freebie -heheheheh :evil: :evil:
Happy music-making and watch out for those squirrels :D

Mo.
07-16-2003, 05:57 PM
Hey Greg.... good to hear from you.... I'm like Trish on dial up.... so sorry mate, maybe when I'm not so busy... as rom what Sue has said I'm intrigued.... goosebumps hey Sue... okay I'll save the link and give it try when it's quieter...

Good luck in all that you are doing... come and play soon..

Mo.

rd2ruin
07-17-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Drumbeat-trish
Hey Greg !!!!!!! bout time you checked in . Wish I could hear your slack-key guitar but well you know very very old computer -dial-up connection etc and I'm not gonna be brought to my knees -not even by you ! ! ;) :) Of course you could always send a freebie -heheheheh :evil: :evil:
Happy music-making and watch out for those squirrels :D

Trish,

I was thinking of you when I put that disclaimer in :D

I'm also happy to report that I'm the verge of making my first sale, although it'll probably be a barter for some Hawaiian guitar music LOL

Someone has shown interest in my Hula Girl, ah, who can forget her? http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110355 :)

Cheers!
- Greg

Dyin
07-17-2003, 10:57 AM
went and checked out the hula girl....you are pretty funny and I hope you sell the story with the painting!!! Mo...OPer's....do you think if we 'fixed' the OPs on acrylic with alcohol it would help??? Well, at least if we drank it we wouldn't care how long it took to dry....:evil:

Drumbeat-trish
07-17-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by rd2ruin

Trish,

I was thinking of you when I put that disclaimer in :D

I'm also happy to report that I'm the verge of making my first sale, although it'll probably be a barter for some Hawaiian guitar music LOL

Someone has shown interest in my Hula Girl, ah, who can forget her? http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110355 :)

Cheers!
- Greg

You were thinking of ME ??????? awwwww shucks-gee -wow :o :o - Be still my beating heart ......

OOooooooooooh -you meant the computer !!!!!! DARN ;) ;)

Hehe -let us know how the sales go for both the music and the hula girl - WTG !!!!!! :D :D