GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Back From the Pool
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16 x 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
First painting in years and years, first ever in acrylic.

I know the dark oval in the right lens is off center - it lined up too much with the mouth otherwise.

I worked quickly, as always and didn't even notice how fast acrylics dried, till I tried another, slower, painting the next day.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything. Don't hold back.

reverseengineering
07-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Nice Acrylic work. I don't mind the oval part you think was a mistake, looks great.

lunchbox
07-27-2012, 08:26 AM
What a fun painting :) Agree with reverse oval does not detract. Small nit for me are the teeth, since this is a more playful piece, maybe whiten the teeth up and soften the shadows? Welcome to wetcanvas - looking forward to more!

she1122
07-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Such a charming painting . Love your use of the complementary colors and the diagonal with the glasses ! You will love acrylics !!

leisure artist
07-27-2012, 01:39 PM
this is a lovely painting...really captured the moment....great skin tones..christine:)

Andrewcody
07-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Very vibrant and alive, can sense the fun
Well done

Andrew

Debzy
07-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Hi Sasha! I aree it is a fun painting and great work with acrylics! Very very cute kid!!! Cheers and welcome to WC. =)) Debs.

tgsloth
07-29-2012, 09:13 AM
Really well done, especially on the glasses. I wonder did you have a wacky reference photo? It would be cool if you could post it. I think close cropped portraits showing segments of faces are quite powerful and believe that if you move from a cute subject to a more "serious" one you'll really have something. The technique is all there.

Sasha_M
07-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Sorry - hadn't seen all these replies!

The teeth. She is quite gummy. Those are gums rather than shadows. I worked for ages tring to get them to look like gums. Gave up. Might have another go.

There is a reference photo, on my partner's iphone, several states away. I'll post it when I get it.