PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scrumble 16-07-03

Smudger
07-16-2003, 04:18 AM
Good morning/afternoon/evening all, depending where you are.
A bit cooler in London today but still a lovely morning, thunderstorms forecast for this afternoon tho' so off to get my chores done so i can be back at home before it rains:D

soap
07-16-2003, 04:33 AM
Hello all,
Just as hot here as yesterday Smudge! Dug up my table fan and enjoying the breeze. Just scanned some images from life class - will post in a seperate thread.
Will try to do some work today.

Madder
07-16-2003, 05:00 AM
Good morning all,
I'm in my attic, office, studio (grin) and it's still hot. Do I go out and buy a fan? Naaah, it's probably to short a heat wave to warrant the expense.
Have to do proper work now, reviewing an appalling translation for 3.5 cents a word :( To lessen the pain, just thought I'd check in with you lot.
Happy painting!
Madder

angeline
07-16-2003, 05:53 AM
Morning all.
Gorgeous sunny day here again.
We are going strawberry picking in about an hour once Lauren is home from nursery....yummmm.
Then I'm having a nap ready to go back to work tonight. Horray I will have time to play with my pastels again!.......lol

soap
07-16-2003, 06:06 AM
Hayley! YOu've got to tell us how your holiday was! Did you do any painting? Do you have any photos/paintings to share?

I am not nosy.....noo.....not at all! :D :D

angeline
07-16-2003, 06:17 AM
Sophie we had a lovely time........I only did one little painting of a flower and one watercolour .....which is already framed and hanging in my mum's lounge!
I did take some photos which once i have got them scanned in i will put them in the library.

soap
07-16-2003, 06:22 AM
Great to hear it Hayley!

gredelin
07-16-2003, 06:32 AM
Hot hot hot, we had a thunderstorm yesterday but it feels like we need another one to clear the air. (Greg in Vegas, if you read this: hot means about 85... Dry heat or not, I shall never in a long time submit myself to 100+ temperatures again!)

Madder - you have twins? I have 20-month-old boys. We're going to do today what you did yesterday; let them play in the inflatable pool at my inlaws'.

Sophie - looking forward to your life class pictures!

/Gunilla

Bkargraves
07-16-2003, 08:51 AM
Just thought I would log on before I get started on my peaches today. It seems strange to me to think that some of you have been awake for hours and it is only 8:00 in the morning here. I wonder what you have been doing with your day while I was still asleep. It isn't supposed to be so hot here today but will be 102 on Saturday.
Twins- I thought I wanted twins when i was pregnant with my son but guess God knew I would not be able to handle that. God bless you. I always admire women who have twins or more (ahh) when I see them in a mall or at a restaurant.

meowmeow
07-16-2003, 09:07 AM
Twins!!!! I'm tired just thinking about it! :D

Looks like everyone is alive and well...that's good. Sorry I have not been around much. Been busy with family and health crappola. And a little art. Finished my watercolor classes yesterday. Finally did something I don't feel like burying somewhere!
We have my our grandson here today. He needed a rest from daycamp! :D Really, the kid is exhausted from being woken up at 5:45 and hauled off to camp every morning while his mother goes to school and work.
Then we have company coming in for a couple of days. They are good friends and it should be a nice visit.
CAT scan scheduled for Friday. Hopefully will get some of this intestinal stuff resolved soon and I will feel better.
But I do poke my head in and keep an eye on all of you...I have to make sure you are all working hard and producing masterpieces!
Have a good day all!

Sandy

Dark_Shades
07-16-2003, 12:31 PM
Hi all......... just popping in briefly.... just to update.....

been glorious weather here too..... so hot at night, have to keep fans going .... windows wide open..... its broken this afternoon, and torrential rain ....... just stopping but looks like more to come judging by the colour of the sky

Not been around much lately.. and been ..in the dooldrums ... no enthusiasim nor motivation...... last time painted.... or half painted anything was a couple of weeks ago lol..... will be around even less..... going away on Friday

Meow wish you all the very best, and hope your health improves..... and the CAT scan results are good for you...... am thinking of you...... I too have some health probs at the moment.....

Lolol Hope you all dont have TOOOOOOOOO much fun while Im away

byeeeeeee

Smudger
07-16-2003, 12:39 PM
Hey DS i wondered if you was going to show up today...you know it's not the same without you:D

Lolol Hope you all dont have TOOOOOOOOO much fun while Im away

we promise as long as you promise to have lots.:D

i'm sending some healing to you and Meow, hope you both feel better real soon.

Vegas Art Guy
07-16-2003, 02:03 PM
Well, it's hot and humid today (103+20% humidity) does the word sauna mean anything? Have not broken the conte out yet, uploaded a drawing last nite in the weekly guilt trip I mean pastel thread. :D Monsoon season is not fun, but oh well. Other than that things are fine in the desert, off to work on the church mural tonite (11am right now) and I registered for school yesterday.. (2 english classes) now I get to figure out how to pay for them.. ($320US plus books) anyway hope everyone is having a good day/night! I have 1 daughter who is 6 (6 1/2 according to her) so she keeps us busy...

Greg

Madder
07-16-2003, 02:46 PM
Meowmeow and dark_shades, sorry to hear you have health problems. Hope they get sorted out soon!!

Yes gunilla, two three year old boys, born in Seattle... They're great fun (from 2.5 yrs onwards it gets easier, btw :) This morning one was trying to make a floorboard squeak, and when he didn't manage, he told me we needed new batteries :)
Still, it does mean there's no painting in weekends, since it's just the three of us. So I gather inspiration.

Do you know what guys, I am so happy I've got eyes!!! Even if I can't paint all the beauty I see around me, at least I can enjoy it...

Gayze
07-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Well, Mo invited the newbies to join the Daily Scumble (or Scrumble as the case may be), so....

Meow and DS, so sorry to hear about health troubles. (Sending healing thoughts your way.... ).

Weather... it's a breezy, partly cloudy, 70 degrees (that would be about 20 on the right side of the pond) here in upstate NY today. Ahem. Sorry. ::mischievous grin:: I have a biiiiig front yard, though, with lovely forest and mountain views for painting, you're all welcome to drop by!

Twins! I'm always awed by parent's of twins, to be able to follow all that energy at the same time. Lovely. :) Kids are so cool. My son, now 13, was a twin in early gestation, but we lost one of the pair at about 12 weeks. I guess my admiration for parents of twins stems in part from that.... All of that wistful wondering "what would it have been like...." Hug your darling duets for me!

--Gayze

E-J
07-16-2003, 05:02 PM
Well, I got back yesterday from four days of seemingly endless wine and food and dancing and boules and driving through the countryside and general wedding-related partying in the 42° heat of idyllic southern Burgundy :D Haven't downloaded my digital photos yet but will do so just as soon as I've got over the disappointment of being in the UK again. Today I was back at the office ... talk about a shock to the system :(

A hug for Dawn and Sandy.

Dyin
07-16-2003, 05:37 PM
Hi all...
It's down to 100 here...got as high as 106.6...that's in Idaho. Walking on my grass is like skipping through a straw pile...no fun. It's a nice cool 82 under the AC and my Boots is very happy about that.
I'm sorry to hear about the health problems...it's hard to be creative when you hurt. I have pretty severe fibromyalgia and when I get a good day I paint like there's no tomorrow. The rest of the time I can enjoy seeing you all work!
I have a friend who just had triplets after many years of trying...I've never seen anyone so happy....or so tired!!!!

Mo.
07-16-2003, 06:08 PM
Hi everyone and biggy welcome to Gayle .... glad you are joining in...don't worry about the title Gayle, this crazy lot alter it to suit their moods. :D:D.... Fun though! :D

Sorry to hear about your health problems Sandy and Dawn.... all will be well for you both soon ..... I'm sending out the good vibes for you both.... well there's the weather.. LOL! why do we always talk about the weather... especially the Brits, do you know the Brits can hold a conversation lasting for about half an hour with a complete stranger and all about the weather:D:D....Twins, and now triplets... how wonderful.....phew! No wonder the poor lady is tired... exhausted more like!.... Welcome back E-J sounds like you had a blast... take care Sandy and Dawn.

Vegas Art Guy
07-16-2003, 07:33 PM
I actually did another drawing! Yay me! :D When I get home, fix it and then scan it in, I'll post it. (probably in the weekly thread, another timed drawing) Sandy and Dawn, hope you all feel better, it's hard enough to be creative sometimes when you're healthy much less when you're not 100%...

butterfly
07-16-2003, 11:42 PM
Hi everyone ...thought I would jump in here and say hello to everyone!

Dawn and Sandy sorry to hear that you are not feeling well ... here is a great hug to feel better ....

My little excursion to NYC was wonderful spent 7 hours at the Metropolitan Museum ...... LOVED IT ....... dragged my mother-in-law and sister-in-law with me and well ..... now I have two art nuts on my hands .... my only saving grace was that I fell off my low sandal and sprained my foot and spent a few hours in the ER getting crutches and a soft cast .... or I probably would still be in the museum ... as it is I couldn't plein air in Central Park which was what I was really looking forward to doing for the remainder of my trip ...

I stood for three hours today at my art class (funny how my foot doesn't hurt when I am painting) doing OIL PASTELS ... I think I am in love ... the colors are so fantastic MO I NOW KNOW HOW YOU FEEL .... AND ALL YOU OTHER OIL PASTELISTS !!!!! I will try and post when I have a chance I sort-of abused my foot today and have to go back to icing it ... take care all and I think this is a a great thread!

Its the rainy season here in Florida and the lightening and thunder is VERY LOUD

Dyin
07-16-2003, 11:48 PM
oh boy, an OP convert!!! oooh, hope that foot gets better quick...we wanna see!!!!! what's lightning and thunder??? That's from a dry Idahoan.....

christmascarolnz
07-17-2003, 04:47 AM
Hi all! It's just not fair that while all you folk are basking and bathing under a wonderful warm sun, my skinny li'l body is freezing down here in our winter...had to have a bath to warm up tonight!
I haven't picked up my pastels for a few days. I admit to having been doing a little bit of cardmaking with those rubber stamp thingys. It tends to suck the desire out of me...but I need to stock up on the cards. Does anyone else do it?
I did a swap of a pen & wash vulture and have made a new friend from wetcanvas with it. Inkskin and I swapped artwork - she sent me a scratchboard work of daisies and I sent her the vulture. It was fun and I got to send her some brochures of NZ.
Has anyone else made some friends like this?
Hope you all have a loverly day - and please think of me as you wipe the sweat from your brows.
:D
Carol

bnoonan
07-17-2003, 12:24 PM
Well it's Thursday morning and I'm just going to tag this on to the other notes. Mom's in town visiting so I'll be off with her a bit now. It's kind of fun that she's able to see my art - especially with her limited vision.

Have a great week and I'll be lurking but may not have time to comment.

Sandy and Dawn - my thoughts and wishes for good health are wtih you both.

Barb

guilliame
07-17-2003, 03:05 PM
Well i had a nice day off tues,wed and thurs usual daily grind,i had downloaded my pics into the computer but when i started to sort them out and change the name the computer wouldn't let me type anything in and then to top it all my mouse rolled over and died,i tried to give it the kiss of life with a cotton bud and methylated spirit,couldn't get any jump leads on it:D but it just sat there in the middle of the screen and refused to budge,had to use the window key tab and arrow keys to shut down,restart in safe mode uninstall mouse software shut down restart install software,so slow the old fashioned way when you dont have a mouse to flit around with,anyway seems to have done the trick,but if it quits on me again he's history:D