PDA

View Full Version : Pastels Merit Badge

MarciaJane
07-15-2003, 11:24 AM
I would just like to thank those who have given me this award..................... (dont know what I have done to deserve it LOL)............. but thanks alot anyway. I feel very honoured and pleased to have received it.

Thanks once again !

Marcia

Smudger
07-15-2003, 11:35 AM
Congrats Marcia...well deserved:clap:

Dark_Shades
07-15-2003, 12:06 PM
tis is for all your lovely landscapes Marcia...... and for participating...... well done

Dyin
07-15-2003, 12:15 PM
well deserved! Congrats:clap:
Hey, I have a question...I noticed all three of your flags...even though you are all from England...two are on a white background...my cursor says England on those, and MarciaJane...it says UK on yours....please enlighten an ignorant American on why the diff????

Dark_Shades
07-15-2003, 12:30 PM
lol Sue, .......... Mine is the English flag of St. George ..... the Red,White and Blue, is the British flag.... called the Union Jack.... the Union of Great Britain/United Kingdom ..... combining the three countries that make it up and their flags ..... England (St. George), Scotland (St. Andrew)..... Ireland (St. Patrick)

:)

Dyin
07-15-2003, 12:39 PM
ahhhh, so the crosses must be symbolic of the Saint connection...thanks for clearing that up, have seen the Union Jack of course but until this thread never noticed yours was different...learn something new every day! Thanks, and bet I wasn't the only one that didn't know that (trying to save face here lol!)

Smudger
07-15-2003, 01:04 PM
:D :evil: Of course you have to come to Essex to find a real englishmen/woman:evil: :D

Smudger
07-15-2003, 01:06 PM
LOL...or the costa-del-sol:D

Dark_Shades
07-15-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Smudger
:D :evil: Of course you have to come to Essex to find a real englishmen/woman:evil: :D

thought they only had smartarses there
;) LOLOL

Drumbeat-trish
07-15-2003, 03:38 PM
Congrats Marcia -you deserve it :D :D :D

Just a little info from a somewhat ignorant antipodeon (sp) and I could be wrong -but I heard that the Britsh Flag is actually called the Union flag and should only be called the Union Jack when flying from a ship ??????? I know I read that somewhere :)

Inkling
07-15-2003, 04:20 PM
Congratulations on your merit badge!

MarciaJane
07-15-2003, 05:12 PM
Thanks guys for congratulating me !

My thanks also goes to Flower for telling me about this site, without her I wouldn't be on here and wouldn't have got a Merit Badge, and I also blame her for getting me addicted to this site too !!!! LOL. Thanks Flower :)

About the Union Jack flag:- the following should clear things up.

http://www.know-britain.com/general/union_jack.html

Thanks again all

Marcia

Mo.
07-15-2003, 05:21 PM
Way to go Marcia... Congratulations.... Well Done!

Mo.

Drumbeat-trish
07-15-2003, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the info on the flag MJ -guess the site I read that in was wrong huh??????

So flower is responsible you being here eh ?????? and why have we not seen you in chat lately flower ?????? hmmmmm? hmmmm?
C'mon you can't just leave MJ to fend for herself ;) ;)

Dyin
07-15-2003, 05:58 PM
Thanks M-J, that really explained a lot...so sorry to steal your thread like that! But one thing I love about having international friends is learning the truth about things...sometimes it's a good thing not to be insular...so thanks again and congrats again!!

MarciaJane
07-16-2003, 10:02 AM
Thanks Mo !!!

Dyin & Trish:- I too learnt something about the Union Jack, so glad I could be of help. One thing with this site ........... its also a learning curve for me and not just for art !! LOL !

Marcia

flower
07-16-2003, 01:34 PM
Hey Marcia,

Im really thrilled for you, you do such beautiful pastels and you know you inspired me to start doing pastels, as i was really into watercolour when we met!!!!!!!!!!!! So you got me addicted to the pastel forum, weve had hours and hours of chats over the last months and ive enjoyed every minute of them...................

Drumbeat, I do go in but not as much over week-end, and a bit later at night................nice to know you missed me lol................

Vegas Art Guy
07-16-2003, 02:10 PM
congrats, you earned it...:)

MarciaJane
07-16-2003, 04:26 PM
Thanks Flower and Vegas !!!

Flower.............. I'm glad I recommended pastels to you and that you have got on so well with them. Hope to have lots more conversations too !!! LOL !

Thanks again

Marcia

BTDogMom
07-18-2003, 04:01 PM
Congratulations M-J!! WOOHOO :D :clap: :clap:

MarciaJane
07-18-2003, 06:35 PM
Thanks alot Mom !! :)

Marcia