PDA

View Full Version : Pride in the House - North London

timelady
07-15-2003, 06:44 AM
I'm one of 3 artists selected for the 'Pride in the House' exhibition to co-incide with Pride (Mardi Gras, whatever...) this month. Hey, I was as shocked as anyone! :D I had the application for ages but didn't apply because, obviously, my work has nothing to do with my sexuality. But then I thought, what the heck, there must be gazillions of artists like me! So I applied anyway with my landscapes. Hung the show yesterday. :) Anyway, the organisers said that next year they will specifically state they're looking for quality work in any subject from a gay or lesbian artist - it didn't even occur to them that some artists might hestitate in applying. So I've got an exhibition and made a little point. Hooray! Heehee.

I'm a south Londoner so I won't be there much but please do stop in if you're in the area. The details:
Lauderdale House
Highgate Hill (up the hill from Archway tube station)
Private view: tonight! 7-10pm, free. (Hopefully there's wine but I forgot to ask)

Lauderdale House is really nice, btw. Sweet little cafe backing on to the park. And there's two more exhibition spaces upstairs too. Show is on until 27 July. It's closed 21 July (Monday), 19 July (Saturday) and 26 July (Saturday).

Tina.

kellysue
07-15-2003, 09:04 PM
Congratulations and good luck!

Kelly

surreal
08-10-2003, 11:36 AM
Congratulations on your show!!!

How very nice for you!!!