GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Dashboard Darlin'
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Board
Dimension: 16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Painted as a challenge, to portray an "object". Didn't want to do a vase or a lemon. So...

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Oh, just lemmee have it!

song_bird
07-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Well, this is an interesting painting! Great idea.

I think her head is too large and kind of rectangular. Right hand fingers look a little chopped off. Otherwise, I like your point of view! :lol:

Colors are harmonious and pretty and the composition works for me.

D.W. Flint
07-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Very innovative for sure. Wouldn't you see part of the hood though and maybe a wiper blade. Just a thought..

greensyster
07-25-2012, 07:11 AM
LOL. What a hoot you must be! Love the idea. The girl would be better placed on the other side I think then she would look into and point her musical instrument into the painting rather then leading the eye out. But she herself is done so well that she makes all the rest look very ordinary.

totsy
07-25-2012, 03:05 PM
This is certainly innovative...differerent yes! I agree with DW that the object she is on should be identifiable somehow. Showing that it is the hood of a car would be interesting. This looks like a flat surface. I would'nt change any of her features. She is an ornament, not real. I love it as is.

Andrewcody
07-27-2012, 06:41 PM
Great detail on the skirt.
DW is correct you should see some of the hood and agree with Totsy that it is a doll not a real person, the head would be oversized to enable it to wobble better.
Akahai

Andrew

Chromaman
07-31-2012, 02:18 PM
Great idea! I think your on to something. You should work on your refinement of subjects and backgrounds.....Then you should be well on your way to a very nice place. Have fun :)

Chromaman
07-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Oh and by the way it could be a vw bus guys haha :P

Andrewcody
08-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Yes true, with a little curvature it could be a Kombi Van Dash.

Debzy
08-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Excellent work and colours on the skirt and the doll! I really like it! Andrew, what would we do without your humour on this forum, it adds such a spark and I always look forward to your next funny insight! It really changes the atmosphere on WC in a positive way! LMAO =)) Debs

Andrewcody
08-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Hi Deb :) ahhhh it is just the way my mind operates, better to laugh than cry if you can.
Andrew

NRC
08-02-2012, 09:57 PM
In the newer cars I can't see the hood out the window (which is why I bought a truck!)
All I'm able to see, aside of the road ahead, are oversize windshield wipers.
Composition wise it works better, as Greensyster said, to put the doll on the other side. Ahh, but then one would need to be driving on the wrong side of the road.
Beautiful work on the doll and the skirt is super!

Andrewcody
08-04-2012, 04:08 AM
You could put it on the otherside down here, but yes still be on the wrong side of the road.

Which days of the week do you drive NRC?

:) sorry

Andrew

NRC
08-04-2012, 05:09 PM
LOL .. Andrew, you've been talking to my husband. He must of told you the story of how I backed into a parked semi :o

Andrewcody
08-04-2012, 10:15 PM
Yes he said he now walks in front of the car with a red flag when you drive :)
Ok kidding kidding

NRC
08-04-2012, 11:54 PM
Nope .. he's too afraid to walk in front of the car. He put the red flag on a gizmo on the front bumper. Warns people, and helps me know where the front of the car is.

Sissal, do you recall the colours you used to create that gorgeous skirt?