GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Country Morning
Year Created:
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 10x13
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Decided to try my hand with pen and watercolor. After deciding to do a barn, I added a chicken coop and chickens. Perhaps the tree truck could be a little thicker. I love the barn, but what do you think? I appreciate your critiques. thank you

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Should I draw with ink as much as I have on this pic?

Sissal
07-23-2012, 12:11 AM
The ink only bothers me in the trees. I feel like a darker green would do the trick. Background left greens could use varying shapes. Otherwise, I like this much.

thevaliantx
07-24-2012, 11:17 AM
I absolutely love country-setting pieces! In fact I know a little about raising chickens (raised them from chicks under a grow light in a laundry room, set them out in a chicken coop when they were bigger, watched them get picked off by a hawk).

One thing that I feel needs to be changed in this piece is the size of that chicken wiring. Either the perspective is 'off' in drawing that wiring, or the wiring is just too small. The wiring looks like it's coming up to the chickens' knees, and anyone that's grown chickens knows those suckers can hover! :lol:

Another, smaller crit I have is with that piece of metal hanging off the roof at an angle. I don't know if it's metal that's bent or if the perspective is off, but perhaps you could add some more definition to it?

Other than that, don't change a thing!

totsy
07-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Pinklady, I saw this before on Jo's, pretty piece. Looking at it now I do agree about trees. Size is diferent but shapes are cloned.

Linnette

reverseengineering
07-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Why does it appear to me as uneven?