PDA

View Full Version : 14th July 2003

Dark_Shades
07-14-2003, 03:04 AM
........ another Gloriously HOT!! day again today and its only 8.10am ..........

........... just about to shoot off to work........ as normal pop in here quickly before I go......

My Chat buddy from Texas called me this morning ....... thinking of me ;) ......... see you all later...... hopefully :angel:

soap
07-14-2003, 03:31 AM
Morning guys........indeed it is going to be another HOT day! Finally! My family in Holland kept on reminding me how hot is has been there the last month or so, and I always had to answer that is was 'so-so' here in the UK.......but now, the HEAT has arrived!! Hopefully it will stay for a little.
Have got loads of plans today....we'll see how far I get. Am gonna start with looking for some shorts to buy in town! Hopefully something cheap and cheerful :D
Have to wrap up little smudge (bubblewrap bubblewrap and more bubblewrap....)....and finish some writing about that building I showed you the other day........hmmm.....hopefully a siesta later...:D

Have good day everybody! Hope you'll get some painting done!

gredelin
07-14-2003, 04:20 AM
Oh it's so funny, having moved recently I've just left the "Oh, how awful, another hot day" gang, and joined the Northern Europeans: "Yippee, another nice hot day, summer is finally here!" :D
Of course, "hot" here equals "pretty cool and not too humid" back there...

Anyway, we spent the weekend at the summer house with my sister's family, and had a wonderful time. We had a lot of good food and wine, took our coffee basked to the beach, and did all the nice things families are supposed to do. The Baltic had warmed up to 23 degrees C (ca 73 F) and the boys went out to their thighs - no fear, and this was their first time at the beach! Best part was when my sister and I left the men with three wailing kids, and went for a glorious evening swim... and returned to find everybody happy, the grill sizzling and pasta water boiling.
I'm so happy not to be a single mom... :)

Also made a disastrous foray into watercolors... think I'll stick to pastels thank you! Not nearly enough patience.

/Gunilla

Smudger
07-14-2003, 08:52 AM
Phew! what a scorcher!

Good Day to you all

Have to wrap up little smudge

Can't wait Soap:D

Craig Houghton
07-14-2003, 12:18 PM
Anyone know if any pastel makers actually use real cadmium pigment? If so, this could be worth reading. I just noticed the link on googles news page today.

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99993935

It seems cadmium mimics the effects of estrogen in rats. This could mean that increased exposure could up the risks of certains types of cancer etc.

I know that pastel makers steer clear of the toxic pigments like cobalt etc, and that at least sennelier uses a cadmium hue, but I'm not sure about the others.

-Craig

angeline
07-14-2003, 04:33 PM
Well hello all! I'm home!
Wow so many posts to catch up on .........it was so hot and looking after the kids and the heat didn't get much painting or drawing done at all.....i know......shame on me!
Still I have some nice photos and memorys i can use......it was 30 or more in the shade most days.
Nice to come back to good weather here too.
We all had a great time ........i'm off to try and catch up on the other threads now.

Vegas Art Guy
07-14-2003, 04:43 PM
Hot? not hot until it's over 110! Like last Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday... afraid to look and see the temp today! Have not yet abused my conte crayons yet. Did 2 pencil drawings, and tonite I start painting the mural for my church (veggietales), and yes I'll post pictures for all to see. OK it's hot 1:50pm local time and it's 110F... Can you say stick the water bottle in the freezer? I thought you could!

flower
07-14-2003, 04:43 PM
Hi,
Welcome back Angeline, at least you had it hot, glad you had a nice time, everybody nice you are enjoying the weather too

soap
07-14-2003, 05:19 PM
Welcome home Hayley! It's hot here in the UK as well!

Dark_Shades
07-14-2003, 05:29 PM
Welcome back Hayley...... glad you had a wonderful time......

hiya flower......
...... really lovely to see you back too Gred .......

..... dont know how you live in those temps Vegas...... suppose with out air conditioning you dont ..... :( :)......

......... been along day...... am off to bed

flower
07-14-2003, 05:57 PM
Hey dark please come in too chat would love to talk to you..........................

Mo.
07-14-2003, 06:58 PM
Hi all and a big welcome back Hayley, are you all refreshed? What did you paint... we want to see.:D

Help ...I'm melting in the heat.LOL, I 've been sketching away tonight listening to the local radio, and all the phone in tips for keeping cool in bed..... like filling your hot water bottle with ice cubes ... sounds good.! :D:D

bnoonan
07-14-2003, 08:08 PM
Mo - I don't know - that sounds a big dangerous - what if the bag leaks??? Chilly body parts.

We're in a magnificent cool temperature and I'm off to scare up some trouble with a friend tonight. I typically have class but this is my night off and I'm going out for a walk and dinner and a beer!

Hayley welcome back. If you are like me, you bring all these great supplies on vacation with the finest of intentions and then you take a break and just chill. Now you're refreshed and we get to see some of your photos and you can come play with all of us.

So... come on out and visit everyone. The weather's fine and cool and the fog isn't even socked in here.

Barb:D