PDA

View Full Version : Artists Network Free Weekend

mickeyw3340
07-20-2012, 12:04 PM
Artists Network is offering a free weekend access to all their videos. I am watching Arnold Lowery paint a seascape. He is using paper with lower tooth and he takes a single edge razor blade when the tooth fills, and scrapes off the excess pastel and it doesn't harm his painting at all. I'll try that. Looks like an excellent way to use the less expensive papers for some projects.

jackiesimmonds
07-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Wow, that is amazing, a free weekend! I must mention this to the person who said she wanted to view my vids but could not afford to buy them right now...........

wendyc1276
07-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Jackie - the front page is featuring your video...what a nice weekend to be featured!! :-) I have to say that this is a really good deal, and nice that they do a free preview to try it out. I started out getting just the pastel channel, then the next time my subscription was up I opted for the whole package.

I hope you get royalties for the streaming videos like you would for DVD sales.

mickeyw3340
07-20-2012, 05:33 PM
Jackie,
Well I fell guilty because I have taken advantage of every free weekend they have had, but I always cancel before the deadline. I did watch two of your videos yesterday and found them very informative. I am trying pastels, coming from pencil, colored pencil, watercolor, acrylic and then oil. I like the immediacy of pastels. Heck I can make a few marks on a painting on the way to the bathroom. I like pencil and colored pencil because when I have only five minutes..I can accomplish something. The paints...not so.