PDA

View Full Version : GLASSINE - advice please?

Petdevils
07-13-2003, 05:38 AM
Hola,

I am probably going to buy a sealed and cut ream of glassine (1000 sheets) in size 65cm x 80cm, imported from italy from someone for US$13 and wanted to ask if thats a good deal. I think it sounds pretty good as its brand new and i'll prolly get it, but just wondering if anyone has bought a ream or lots of glassine before, any advise?

I want it for storage of my paper works and future paintings. So i would appreciate any advice or comments as i plan to buy in the next few days unless theres any problems...

All glassine is ph neutral and archival isn't it?

Thanks

jackiesimmonds
07-13-2003, 06:08 AM
this is ridiculously cheap. Buy it quickly.

Dark_Shades
07-13-2003, 06:24 AM
yeah snap it up quick....... and ask if they will ship to UK too :) lol

..... thought a ream was about 500? ...... but so even better then ....... on Dick Blick's site....... they charge $7.99usd for 12 sheets that size

Petdevils
07-13-2003, 07:28 AM
hi guys,

Yeah it's just one ream i think, i called the guy and told him i'd take it.... only problem is getting it home... its a good few hours on buses across the other side of the city :(

He said it was about 1.5 inch/3.5cm thick and im thinking since it's wrapped that it's fairly compact, i might be able to very snuggly fit it into my plastic/rigid A1 (large) folio...

i think it can stretch abit... fingers crossed.. so i'm gonna slot it in that and hope it fits ok and doesn't get wrecked carrying it home in the case.. carry the case vertically like a suitcase... i hope this doesn't wreck the paper! Its about 85cm x 65 cm so its just hte breadth that im worried about.. will have to stretch a centimentre or two.

My folio is kinda like a mix between these two sorts.. can't find a pic

this (http://www.dickblick.com/zz151/16/products.asp?param=0&ig_id=5183)
that (http://www.dickblick.com/zz151/15/products.asp?param=0&ig_id=5140)

any other suggestions for carrying it ???? thanks

crumbedbrains
07-13-2003, 07:38 AM
I'm always travelling all over the city with my job (currently live on the Northside). . . so no probs to cart it somehwere if you need . . .better than catching several buses!! ACK!!
Cheers
Crumby

Petdevils
07-13-2003, 07:41 AM
Hi Crumby,

Thanks mate, that's awfully kind of you but i wouldn't want to put you out. I'll see if i can do it on my own and if not hopefully this guy can wait and i'll con someone to driving me... im on the southside lol hardly near you :) Thanks again, very kind offer :)