MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-18-2012/1087492_IMG_0040.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Orchid Splendor
Year Created:
Medium: Watercolor
Surface: Watercolor Paper
Dimension: 75 cm x 54 cm
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
I use a pouring technique when I paint watercolours. I use only red, yellow and blue and pour . In this painting though I did use a little Rose Madder as well.
My challenge is keeping the colour clean when pouring so much.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
What do you think?

Wahsuzy
07-18-2012, 04:19 PM
I think it is beautiful!!

La_
07-18-2012, 04:26 PM
stunning!

trying to understand the technique ... you wet an area with a brush and then pour color into that area?

la

Wassie
07-19-2012, 01:50 AM
Beautiful!

Andrewcody
07-19-2012, 03:30 AM
Really nice

Ok explain your technique re this pouring :)

Andrew

Debzy
07-19-2012, 08:58 AM
I agree, this is beautiful work! Is the pouring technique where you draw the picture first, then cover areas with cling wrap and pour the paint over the other areas, then remove some and pour more etc and use this like a layering technique to build and mix colours??? I think I saw a you tube tutorial on this. Love it!!! Welcome to WC. =)) Cheers Debs.

bevletard
07-20-2012, 02:22 AM
I think it is beautiful!! Thanks Wahsuzy! Appreciate your comment Bev:)

bevletard
07-20-2012, 02:34 AM
Really nice

Ok explain your technique re this pouring :)

Andrew Hi again Andrew! Well what I do is mask out the focal point flowers with masking fluid and also mask out a few of the other flowers I want to "stand out" in a crisp fashion. Then mix 3 little tubs of red,yellow and blue and spray the paper with water and pour from the tubs . I blow and spray and tilt my paper letting the colour flow naturally into one another BIG CHALLENGE here is not to make mud and muddy colours. Then I let everything dry and explore the watermarks. Using negative painting I "call out" background flowers and leaves. So I combined positive and negative painting t give a hard and soft look together. I have a chinese master who has taught me this and I now run workshops teaching this technique here in SA Regards Bev:)

bevletard
07-20-2012, 08:17 AM
stunning!

trying to understand the technique ... you wet an area with a brush and then pour color into that area?

la Well what I do is mask out the focal point flowers with masking fluid and also mask out a few of the other flowers I want to "stand out" in a crisp fashion. Then mix 3 little tubs of red,yellow and blue and spray the paper with water and pour from the tubs . I blow and spray and tilt my paper letting the colour flow naturally into one another BIG CHALLENGE here is not to make mud and muddy colours. Then I let everything dry and explore the watermarks. Using negative painting I "call out" background flowers and leaves. So I combined positive and negative painting t give a hard and soft look together. I have a chinese master who has taught me this and I now run workshops teaching this technique here in SA Regards Bev:) Thanks for liking it

Sissal
07-23-2012, 12:30 AM
This takes more forethought than I can even THINK about!

Just beautiful.

reverseengineering
07-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Mucha Bella! Flowers, in any form, are just so pretty.

TGivans
07-28-2012, 12:08 AM
This is sooo beautiful. I love the colours. Everything.