PDA

View Full Version : WIP pink ribbon

bellawolf
07-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Hello, I hope you are all well :)
Here is my WIP I would like any comments on, or improvements :)
If you would like more images I have some slightly bigger ones of the WIP and the other one is where I am up to at the moment :)

I guess I am wondering if I am finished, in danger of over working the piece. It is oil paint on card 20cm x 20 cm.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jul-2012/1095102-ribbon_bow.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jul-2012/1095102-ribbon_bow_painting.jpg

Thank you.

Debzy
07-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Hi Bella, I think it is very pretty and very neatly painted! The colour is a lovely shade of pink and the shadow is quite realistic! Is it for a child's bedroom, or pink ribbon day.... or something in particular, or just something you wanted to have a go at? I can't really say much more, I like it! =)) Cheers and welcome, Debs. =))

bellawolf
07-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Hello Debzy,

Thank you so much for your lovely comment :) it is really just to practice painting, so really I guess it is a study as it would be my first oil painting. So just wanted to know if I was doing Ok. I plan to make a few more of these perhaps in yellows and greys to build a little collection. Very glad you like it :)

Debzy
07-19-2012, 09:58 AM
You are welcome Bella, and if this is your first then it is a great beginning I think!!! You could also experiment with backgrounds, using fading colours and gradually adding other items, having them on a table and build it up gradually with each new painting you do until you have a lovely still life! Good luck and please post more. Cheers Debs. =))

bellawolf
07-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Hello Debzy,

Thanks again :o so lovely to hear, now I have found the forum I will defiantly be posting more. Just getting used to what is where on here :)

Thank you for your ideas, yep I do need to branch out with the other items in the painting. I have a little black book of ideas and have been writing them down for ages, I just now need to get them down on board/paper :) but glad I have the basics down, I have not painted for a while, nice to be back.

Take care

Trumper
07-19-2012, 10:30 AM
:) If that is your first painting i can't wait to see more.That ribbon looks so real.:)

bellawolf
07-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Hello Trumper,

Aww thank you, me to. I am building up the confidence to show more people, so it is nice to hear great feedback :) thanks again...

I will defiantly post more when I get on with more work :) pleasure to meet you all.

Andrewcody
07-24-2012, 03:41 AM
Bella, Bella.

This is exquisite, I had to look closely to make sure it was not real.
I really think you are onto something here, perhaps a series ?

Thank you
Andrew

bellawolf
07-24-2012, 03:57 AM
Hello Andrewcody :)

Thank you for your lovely comment, yes a sires, brilliant. Am on to the next one today :)