MY IMAGE(S):

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii486/bevletard/IMG_0034.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Koi in Lilypond
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 1,2 m x 1m
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
Mixed Media artwork My first attempt at a mixed media painting Acrylic on canvas

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Tell me what you think?

tgsloth
07-18-2012, 12:18 PM
The fish is wonderfully painted. To show that, I attach a photoshop which isolates on the fish. But the mixed media elements you've put in the painting do not, to me, create a single work. I don't know where to direct my attention in your painting. It seems an unharmonious collection of forms. But back to the fish; it's painted so well that I wish you could show us more work like that.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Jul-2012/124239-koi.jpg

eyecandy2
07-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Lovely and charming painting. Wonderful balance and color management.

D.W. Flint
07-18-2012, 02:04 PM
It's different, I like it....:thumbsup:

bevletard
07-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I really do appreciate and value the constructive critisism . The focal point was really supposed to be the lily flower so maybe I should have painted the fish lighter so that it is there but not there.
Thanks so much for taking the time and trouble to get back to me so promptly as I just joined the forum this afternoon. Kind regards
Bev

bevletard
07-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Lovely and charming painting. Wonderful balance and color management.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments. Very encouraging
Bev:)

bevletard
07-18-2012, 03:42 PM
It's different, I like it....:thumbsup:

Thanks for liking it. I had great fun painting it. Quite different to what I normally paint. I am primarily a pure watercolourist but am"spreading my wings"
Regards
Bev

Brightening Air
07-18-2012, 10:31 PM
The fish is beautiful. Makes me want to sit and watch it dart about. I feel it is the star of the show and my eye wants the flower rendered in a similarly ethereal manner.

Best, Kelly (new to WC)

Andrewcody
07-19-2012, 03:29 AM
I don't know, I usually see what Tg means.

This time I disagree, I think you have done exceptionally well with this
There are a lot of really beautiful things in your work, I even like the cracking paint, definitely a mixed media success

Thank you
Andrew

Debzy
07-19-2012, 09:07 AM
I agree with Andrew ! I would love to see more of your work, the browned disintegrating leaves are spectacular and... the light..... I can see the light!!!!!! It is wonderful. Welcome to the WC forum and hope to see more! Cheers Debs. =))

song_bird
07-19-2012, 10:15 AM
I like this very much also. Quite beautiful. The only thing that bothers me is the lotus is painted so crisp and white while the rest is subtle, dreamy and ethereal. Signature is a bit large and distracting, it almost looks framed. I think it struck me as a sticker at first.

Great work!

arnieb
07-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Welcom to WC
Beautiful piece - love the colour combinations and arrangement.
Perhaps the composition would be improved if the fish was facing the other way-towards the flower rather than out ouf the picture? (I only say this as its a Critique Forum and youve asked for comments) :thumbsup: Arnie

bevletard
07-20-2012, 01:57 AM
The fish is beautiful. Makes me want to sit and watch it dart about. I feel it is the star of the show and my eye wants the flower rendered in a similarly ethereal manner.

Best, Kelly (new to WC)

Thanks so much Kelly. Appreciate your encouraging words. Going to keep working on the ethereal look....... Regards
Bev:wave:

bevletard
07-20-2012, 02:00 AM
I don't know, I usually see what Tg means.

This time I disagree, I think you have done exceptionally well with this
There are a lot of really beautiful things in your work, I even like the cracking paint, definitely a mixed media success

Thank you
Andrew

Thanks Andrew I have just started stepping into the realm of mixed media and I think for this chapter I am going to enjoy it. Have a few more paintings I am wanting to load but am still finding my way around managing and operating this site.so a little slow. Really going to enjoy chatting to you all
kind regards
Bev

bevletard
07-20-2012, 02:04 AM
I agree with Andrew ! I would love to see more of your work, the browned disintegrating leaves are spectacular and... the light..... I can see the light!!!!!! It is wonderful. Welcome to the WC forum and hope to see more! Cheers Debs. =))

Hi Debzy Like you already! Thanks for the crit Have more work to load but still finding "my way round" the site. Not only is mixed media new to me but also the online technology thing . Going to enjoy chatting Bev

bevletard
07-20-2012, 02:13 AM
I like this very much also. Quite beautiful. The only thing that bothers me is the lotus is painted so crisp and white while the rest is subtle, dreamy and ethereal. Signature is a bit large and distracting, it almost looks framed. I think it struck me as a sticker at first.

Great work!
Thank you song Bird
Yes the lily is crisp compared to the rest - this is in fact what I wanted as my focal point with quite a strong contrast. (Maybe a little too much?) Will bear this in mind with my next one thanks
The name is stuck on ( I do this with quite a few of my pieces however you raise a good point. Maybe with an ethereal painting one needs an ethereal signature too. Thinking about it you are right. Thanks Will "tweek this next time" my goodness I am getting such good tips . Really like this crit forum thing! Thank you Bev:thumbsup:

bevletard
07-20-2012, 02:16 AM
Welcom to WC
Perhaps the composition would be improved if the fish was facing the other way-towards the flower rather than out ouf the picture? (I only say this as its a Critique Forum and youve asked for comments) :thumbsup: Arnie
Thanks Arnie - You may have a point there This one is a bit out of the box but I guess that was where my head was that daY Appreciate your feedback Bev:o

bevletard
07-20-2012, 02:20 AM
Welcom to WC
Thanks Arnie appreciate your comments. Guess my head was thing out of the box that day. Bev:o