PDA

View Full Version : How can you miss a 40lb package?????

Ivyleaf
07-11-2003, 08:56 PM
Normally, I am a very calm and understanding person.

But this, this is utter crap I'm telling you...

I took off work early today because I was supposed to have a package delivered by UPS ground. I have been waiting here, for the past 4 1/2 hours, looking out my front door every few minutes anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new computer monitor. I have been tracking the package online since the departure scan, and as of 5:53 this AM, it was on the truck for delivery.

At least that is what it said online...so I've obviously been expecting it.

So I check online about every half an hour or so, just to make sure the status hasn't changed.

Well, at 7:33 PM, the status changed to: PACKAGE MISSED, NO DELIVERY ATTEMPT MADE.

hello???? how the heck can you miss a 40 pound package!!!

So I call UPS...cause I'm madder than a hornet's nest. A 40 pound package missed? It's a HUGE honkin box for goodness sakes!!! They tell me now that the package cannot be delivered now until Monday. What the heck? MONDAY? It was supposed to be delivered TODAY. There is NO EXCUSE for missing a 40 pound package!!!

The response I got when calling? "I'm sorry but we cannot reach anyone at that facility after 7PM".

I know for a fact that that is utter bull. They COULD reach someone there...the packages at that facility don't get loaded until 9PM...I know because I used to work where at a place where the packages had to be ready by 8PM so the driver could make it to the airport by 9PM. So I KNOW there is someone there. LOTS of someones as a matter of fact!!!

So I tell the guy on the phone "You could call them, you just don't have the authority to..."

He had to admit that I was right...there is just *no excuse* for missing a 40 pound package...so he got his supervisor on the phone...

She tries to give me the same speech. I tell her I know for a fact someone can be reached there...she says she will try...

Well, I just got off the phone with the customer service supervisor.

Guess what? My package will be delivered TOMORROW.

I'm not exactly happy about that...I'd much have preferred they deliver it tonight, but...it's better than Monday.

Of course, ideally, I would have both packages I'm expecting tomorrow, but that won't happen...the other package is still in transit and is expected to be delivered on Tuesday...heaven help me if it's not here Tuesday, hubby is going in for surgery on Wednesday and there's *no way* I could be here for delivery!!!

*This* is not the stress that I needed today! *deep breath*

*sigh*

:rolleyes: :( i think i need a hug!!! :( :rolleyes:
Ivy

JustjoGA
07-11-2003, 09:48 PM
(((((((((((((((((Ivy and Hubby)))))))))))))))))))))))))
Sending some good thoughts your way ......

BlackTigr
07-12-2003, 01:23 AM
Ivy, keep pursuing it.

They sent back a 150 lb package I was to have received, and to my knowledge, no one has gotten refunded for it...

I'm *still* going round for round with that company and the one who was supposed to have sent me my desk.

--BT

Drumbeat-trish
07-12-2003, 02:15 AM
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((IVY)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I know the feeling. Mind you I had one package I was waiting for and it was sitting outside my back door for weeks ;).

One from Mal though -I had to wonder seriously about the mentality of some mail deliverers. They brought it round and only my son was home -they wouldn't let himn sign for it being a minor and said they would return on the following Saturday. Well they didn't. When I finally caught up with who was delivering it it was ready to be shipped on a plane back to the US -labelled -no one will accept delivery !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its all enough to make you spit I know :) :)
so another one for you
((((((((((((((((((((((((((IVY))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

nikau
07-12-2003, 05:36 AM
Please do not start me on "couriers & deliveries" I will be on line to you all night with my nightmares!! Just keep at them and be assertive!!:evil: :evil:

TeAnne
07-12-2003, 05:57 AM
Here is a big Aussie HUG for U Ivy ((((((((((((((((((((Ivy)))))))))))))))))))

Ivyleaf
07-12-2003, 09:08 AM
Jo, BT, Trish, Nikau, TeAnne...thank you all ever so much. (((((big hugs)))))

Here I am awake again early this morning, not that I think it will be here soon but because I know if I slept my normal schedule, he would attempt delivery for sure then...that's just the way it goes I think...

Hubby was not happy to say the least when he got home last night and heard what had happened...I think they should be glad I was the one who called and not hubby...lol...

waiting ... waiting ... waiting ...

thanks again ya'll
:) :) :)
Ivy

talkingbanana
07-12-2003, 02:44 PM
Aw, poor Ivy. *big hug*

Not letting a minor sign for a package? That's funny, I'm a minor and I've signed for packages before . . . trish, I agree, there's some doubt about the mentality of these people . . .

PhilC
07-12-2003, 03:10 PM
{{{{{IVey}}}}} Hope it got there by now.

I don't know whats up ewtih ups anymore, guess they have just got so big they cann't do the job anymore. I liked t never got a Painting I had sent to a Competition, beociuse of them. Wont go into that long horror story.

Willl ber thinking of ya'll Wed.

Christie
07-12-2003, 03:41 PM
Well, losing something that size certainly takes talent! The mind boggles at the chain of events that must have taken place... :D

I will be interested in seeing what shape the box is in when it gets there. Normally things that suddenly go missing are damaged in some way. Not that I want to worry you any further and monitors are generally packed very, very well, but check it out well as soon as it arrives.

KimsWeb
07-13-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Drumbeat-trish

I know the feeling. Mind you I had one package I was waiting for and it was sitting outside my back door for weeks ;)

It could be the opposite... I was told a package was sent to me to my PO Box for about a month and checking it everyday found nothing there except for the bills. The funny thing was the package was a prize (A bunch of clip-art disks) from an online X-mas party for volunteers and staff of a now-defunct free web host and it didn't cost me a dime. I got it about a month later.

Ivy, I hope that package made it there.

feather
07-13-2003, 09:32 AM
After USPS and UPS messed up some art big time, and took forever to make good on damages, I ship only Fed-ex.

Ivyleaf
07-13-2003, 12:57 PM
Wow what a day yesterday was...the package did finally arrive, and it actually was in decent shape...the driver was totally incompetent it seemed and almost literally dropped it out of the back of the truck, I was glad I was out there otherwise I'm sure he would have...I've never had this much trouble with UPS before...

Then after that came, we decided to run up to Best Buy to get a few accessories we need for the new computer coming in on Tuesday (let's hope it's Tuesday anyway). While we were there, my mom bought herself the new Sony Mavica 5.0MP digital camera...the one *I* have been drooling over...lol...seems the other Mavica finally wore out so she had to have a new camera. No complaints here at all...will take me a bit to learn it and teach her how to use it, it has 5000 whistles and bells I swear...lol. I got a couple of nice photos from it straight outta the box after the battery charged with just point and shoot on it, so I think we'll keep it :D ... see some of the first resultshere (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119209) .

Oh...then after we got home, we turned on our computer, cause we got a new CD rom for this old one as well while we were there, and suddenly, it started acting crazy...all our drivers went missing and it wouldn't detect anything...so we spent until after midnight last night trying to figure out the problem and finally just did a reinstall of Win98. Some things still aren't working right, and for the life of me I can't figure out why. So it's a good thing we've got the new computer coming after all since it's obvious now this one needs more work.

(((((((hugs))))))))) for everyone, thank you so much for your kind words...I really needed them...

:) :) :)
Ivy