PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 11 July 2003

E-J
07-11-2003, 03:47 AM
'Morning everyone!

It's not even 9am here yet but the weather is already 'scorchio'!! Promises to be a great w/e.

I thought I'd swing by to say that I won't be around for a little while. I'm heading off with friends this afternoon to southern Burgundy for 5 days! The pretext for all the food & wine we plan to consume is our friends' wedding tomorrow and the Bastille Day celebrations on 14 July :) I'm taking a tiny box of bits of pastel and a small Ingres pad, but don't know if I'll get any kind of chance to sketch.

My cold is nearly gone ... it's been a lingerer ... thanks to everyone who put up with my whingeing about it this week :D

Will miss you,
E-J

Smudger
07-11-2003, 03:51 AM
Morning All.
E-J i'm glad your cold's better... Burgundy!...NICE, Take some pics for us all to see:D

Have a safe journey

Dark_Shades
07-11-2003, 06:43 AM
Ive just back from a Presentation... have these quite often at work.... I work for the biggest Book publishers in the UK, owning Penguin, Puffin, Lady Bird, Dorling Kindersley and the FT..... lolol
this one was like a disco cinema........ great music and videos on wide huge screen........
some great books coming out.... bit scary Madonna has a book coming out under the Puffin label lol.... Remember the beautiful images of the Flower Fairies :) .... new books out each one has their own story :) .... loads more

.... got loads of Freebies........... one being travel guide to Rome...

ha ha.... they had a video to compliment what was being shown, and some of the sales managers did remakes of pop videos........ lolol.... 'Queen' ....... and another was Elton John

meowmeow
07-11-2003, 07:45 AM
SO glad you are better E-J. And what a nice trip that sounds! Have a wonderful time.
Your job sounds interesting Dawn! Well, the place you work does...I hope your job is interesting! :D I'm sure you keep them on their toes! :D
We have cooled off here in Maine and in fact today is dreary and promises rain. Well, we can use a bit right now. Just not 2 weeks worth.
I'm still feeling lousy...getting nervous since the medication is not helping my tummy at all. I have another doctor appointment Monday. I am debating whether I should wait or ruin my weekend by calling and telling him now I am not better.
What a pain getting old is! (It does beat the alternative, I know).

s.

angecald
07-11-2003, 11:48 AM
Hi, it rained all night here and is now looking gray, windy, and cool. I don't really mind as I'm still working on the kitchen; didn't have enough boxes to finish yesterday. If I get it all done today I'll have my whole next weekend for painting. And my French easel arrived yesterday from Dick Blick! Have a nice day, everybody.

bnoonan
07-11-2003, 12:15 PM
Yeah Ange - have fun with the easel and the pastels and go to town!!

Sorry to hear you aren't well Sandy - I wouldn't hesitate calling someone if you're that concerned. We all know our bodies better than anyone else so trust your feelings.

E-J have a great trip and do take some photos between glasses of wine.

Dawn - I'm so jealous of a job with such great benefits.

Have a fun day of painting everyone!!! I'm off to dodge the dense fog and walk in the sunshine for a bit of inspiration.

Cheers! Barb

Dark_Shades
07-11-2003, 12:21 PM
lol,........... will people STOP commenting in the forum PLEASSSSSE :evil: :D ....... Im trying to work my way through all the threads ....... lololol...... and different ones keep popping up ha ha ha

sundiver
07-11-2003, 01:43 PM
Hi everybody!:D
I've got 20 internet minutes in the local library, and guess where I'm spending it!:)
Things are busy at the cottage, always something that "needs" doing, so only have 3 or 4 pastels done so far , but no scanner:( so will have to show-and-tell all at once later.
Now to get to all the new posts and see what you've been doing!