PDA

View Full Version : Lagoon near Lawson NSW.

Debzy
07-15-2012, 06:58 AM
Onward to the next painting... Don't want to waste any time!!! The reference photo for this water colour was very kindly given to me by a friend. it is quite the most beautiful and peaceful photo I have ever seen. I hope I can do it justice. This is just the early block in stage. =)) Cheers Debs.

Trumper
07-15-2012, 03:06 PM
:lol: Good grief you don't stop do you LOL.Looking good so far will keep a check on this as it progresses.
Reminds me very much of North Yorkshire in England :)

Debzy
07-16-2012, 07:45 AM
It is in lawson NSW in the vicinity of the blue mountains. The reference photo is just beautiful, but it will be difficult to reproduce the tranquility I feel when looking at it! I will give it my best shot anyway and will post the instalments as I go. Cheers and thanks again, Debs. =))

tony1
07-17-2012, 07:55 AM
I may be crazy, but this almost looks finished to me. Really like it as is, maybe a bit of waterline indication around some of the rocks, and a ripple here or there in the water, and I'd call it done. But that's me, I like the loose simple style (probably 'cause I can't do it).

I would make the distant rocks on the left a bit lighter in value, they are pushing forward and are darker than most of the foreground rocks.

Anyway, I like it, and if you work more on it I'll be curious to see what you do.

Debzy
07-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Well thank you very much Tony!!! That is interesting! I almost wish I could leave it because I'm not sure what to do next, I have it set up and I keep looking at it to see where to go. I think I will add a little more detail, but not too much because the scene is very calm and I don't want to spoil it with too much fussy stuff. Thank you for your opinion, you have got me thinking on another level now!!! Thanks also for the advice on the rocks, I will look at that alteration as I go. Cheers and keep smiling Debs. =))

arnieb
07-19-2012, 03:32 AM
Beautiful sceen and work. I agree with Tony - this one dosnt need much to finish it off. Ye, getting balance beetween the loose initial 'underpainting' and all those extra bits that one wants to add is part of the 'art' - where less can be more. I would suggest the water line, and perhaps vary the brown of tree trunks a bit is all thats needed. Arnie

Debzy
07-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Thanks Arnie for your advice! I do want to add a few details her and there because there is more in the scene than shows here, there is beautiful deep colours and distance and shadows and reflections.... I am torn, really torn between too much and not enough..... Hmmm.... maybe I should do two???? one with detail, one without. ??? What to do???? I will sleep on it one more night and decide tomorrow. =)) I really thank you for encouraging me to think differently. Cheers Debs. =))

Debzy
08-17-2012, 07:35 AM
I have finally managed to get back to this one, just added a few more stronger colours now. It's a little tricky!!! :crossfingers: Hmmmm..... hopefully after another hour or so it will look like the place it's supposed to!! :thumbsup: =)) Cheers Debs.

Debzy
08-17-2012, 09:29 AM
Stage 3. I like the colours in this scene, different! It is still Australia! Still have to do the left side, there will be some bushes and trees there covering the rock. I hope I can pull it off????? :crossfingers: =)) Cheers Debs. ;)

Debzy
08-18-2012, 08:52 AM
I would like to call this finished.... :crossfingers: I will post in the Open forum and see what they think! Cheers =)) Debs. :thumbsup:

crafor
08-18-2012, 09:56 AM
It's lovely. You've got enough depth one could take a raft and pole down the stream out of sight!
Well done.
Ella

Debzy
08-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks Ella!I am very grateful for your comment! I am going to add a few more darks into this, give it even more depth! I have a problem with too many mid tones. =)) Cheers Debs.