PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scrumble 9-7-03

Smudger
07-09-2003, 05:01 AM
Good Morning All.
It's just gone 10am in London and already it's very hot, it's going to be a loverly day, i hope it is as nice where ever in the world you are today.:D

Mo.
07-09-2003, 05:13 AM
Top of the morning to you Smudge and everyone else who comes in.......going to be hot here too.... won't be around much now until this evening, have lots of runing around to do today..............I hate that, would much prefer to be home painting..... Hope you' ll have a great day whatever you are doing..... I know Barb is up to her proverbials with her up and coming show, hope things are going fine there Barb...... and......E-J how's the cold... hope your not still sneezing and snuffling................. haven't heard from Mikki for a while, wonder how those murals are coming on.

TTFN
Mo.

soap
07-09-2003, 05:24 AM
Morning all,
Had a bad night, did not sleep much- don't know why. But it'll ruin part of my day as I am sooo tired......:mad:
But I framed this this morning. Am trying out different styles of framing to see what I like. This is a very rough wooden frame, and, as you can see, no mount. What do you prefer guys, mounts or no mounts?
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Jul-2003/15421-MowCopframed.jpg

Anyway...had loads of plans today....but I'll see how far I'll get....

Looking out of my window, it seems like a gorgeous day here too!!

soap
07-09-2003, 05:25 AM
What's TTFN ??

Dark_Shades
07-09-2003, 07:16 AM
Taa Tar For Now...... = Goodbye :D

Dark_Shades
07-09-2003, 07:17 AM
IM BACCKKKKKKKK!!!!

.......... well if only at work......... hmmmmmmmm now to wonder what the prob is at home :confused:

.......... can view and see alllllllll WC, but can not comment or use the uploader

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :crying: :crying: ..... not sure I want to do overtime lol just to use works comp :evil:

Smudger
07-09-2003, 07:30 AM
IM BACCKKKKKKKK!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thank god for that!

Now all we have to do is sort out your PC at home!

E-J
07-09-2003, 08:28 AM
Sophie, I prefer to see a mount ~ looks more professional.

Hey Dawn [there's no 'waving' smiley, you'll have to imagine it] :)

Mo ... though my cold is somewhat better today, I still feel as if my head is full of porridge, not to mention very tired :( I haven't taken any days off work because there is so much to do and it's a short week for me anyway: on Friday we are going to France for four days for the wedding of a couple of friends, and I'm hoping I'll be well again by then. Funny thing is, I started coming down with this cold LAST w/e at the wedding of the same two friends! That sounds like a conundrum but it's not. Perhaps anyone who doesn't have much to do today can amuse themselves trying to figure out the two weddings thing :D

Have a good day.

bnoonan
07-09-2003, 11:20 AM
E-J feel better soon - have a nice hot lemon toddy and kick those feet up and melt it out of your system.

Dawn - I can't imagine you "mute" for too long. Do you think WC put a curse on you? If so... what devilish thing did you think up now???:evil: :angel: :angel:

Smudger - happy party planning.

Sophie - I say No Mount but it's difficult to say without knowing the exact size.

Mo - keep coooooll and keep painting those cheetahs!!!

Me... I'm off to get some treats for a friend who is visiting today. She hasn't seen my art in years and is a great encourager of my work. I'm really looking forward to it.

Then I need to start on the green project. Dawn - consider taking the challenge.

B

Mo.
07-09-2003, 05:32 PM
Evening all.... hows your day going?

After gadding about all day, decided to watch tv tonight and be lazuy. :)

Sophie., I prefer to see a mount myself, I know more expense but I think it's worth the extra, sets it off better I think.

Barb... believe me I'm trying to keep cool.... but it's so hot and humid here, have a nice cooling fan blowing on me right now.:)

angecald
07-10-2003, 12:12 AM
Hello all, it was a perfect day here, sunny but not too hot, and when night fell it actually got quite cool, which is the way I like it. Spent the day hurling trash out of my lower kitchen cabinets in preparation for the upcoming remodelling. Sweaty work, but great satisfaction to see six bags of garbage go out. Found so many things I put away "in case I need it some day", but if the need ever did arise it would never occur to me to look in there. Had dinner with friends on their deck under a white canopy (like the one Sandy bought for her outdoor show). It provided bright, filtered shade, while their garden was full of brilliant sun and cool shadows. One of those moments that make summer memories.

I didn't get any painting done, but my Schmincke pastels arrived from Dick Blick, and I'm in love.

Sophie, I always prefer a mount. Don't like to see a picture crowded against the frame.

E-J, sorry about your beastly cold spoiling your days. Did your friends have two weddings, one civil and one religious? I've heard some European countries require that.

Dawn, so glad to see you back.

Barb, how nice for you to be getting together with your friend. She's certain to be impressed with your recent work.

Mo, good luck with your preparations for you show. It's coming up fast, isn't it? The cheetah picture is going to be wonderful.

soap
07-10-2003, 02:42 AM
Thanks for the mount - replies guys. I appreciate them....am asking everybody to see what 'people' like best. I think I'll keep the no-mount ones limited, only the ones that are very large and would be ridiculously large with mount. Otherwise, I'll use a mount. The painting I showed was 19x10" (excl. frame). I quite like a no-mount (after all, oil paintings are framed like that), but must admit my eyes are very used to seeing a mount.

Am off today to buy some mountboard LOL!!

Hope your cold is better E-J, silly girl, a cold in mid-summer?? The two wedding thing.......yeah I vote religious and civil as well....although most people do that on the same day....
Barb - hope you had a good evening with the long lost friends! Always good to catch up with old friends!
Angecald - know what you mean with 'things that can be of use someday' LOL :D.....
Well Dawn seems to be back.....she keeps on threatening us with her presence....wonder what's next LOL :D :D
Keep cool Mo!

E-J
07-10-2003, 03:49 AM
Yep, it's the civil & religious thing. Hard to do both on the same day when one's in England and the other's in France, tho! :)