GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Plein air for the mo<br>ing
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 12/16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I had to work super fast because the clouds and light were both changing very rapidly (mainly the clouds).

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Open :)

Andrewcody
07-12-2012, 01:56 AM
I love the smell of plein air in the morning

Nice work

Great Signature

Andrew

greensyster
07-14-2012, 09:52 PM
The bushes/shrubs/trees are all very much the same in shape and colour. The painting is hence split two as in very bright sky very dark trees. Even if it was like that in real life it may pay to 'adjust' reality for a more interesting composition? Playing God perhaps :D Also just a suggestion but in the base shadows of the trees introducing a violet or crimson might work. Anyway - good work!

tylerminix1231
07-15-2012, 12:19 AM
Thank you both for the comments! :) And ohhhh how I am oh-so-familiar with the God complex while painting ;) Ahhhh, the power *he said maniacally to himself*. But I was also concerned about the trees being a bit too solidly coloured. I usually try to break it up somehow, but I didn't on this piece for some reason. Thank you again for your words. God bless you, and happy painting.

Debzy
07-15-2012, 08:47 AM
This is a great effort for plein air! I agree a little crimson might work to bring the sky colour into the trees or below them for balance. It has a nice morning mood and I love the delicacy of the foreground grasses, nice job Tyler! =)) Cheers. Debs.

tylerminix1231
07-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Thank you Debzy! I do love to paint plein air!!!

song_bird
07-16-2012, 10:10 PM
Just beautiful sky and light. I would like to see more light through the trees and spilling through, less solid mass lower half. Love the foreground grasses too. Certainly was a delightful morning :cat:

tylerminix1231
07-16-2012, 10:38 PM
Thank you song bird! I should have taken more artistic license with the trees. In reality they are very thick trees, but i should have included more of the light throughout the trees. I will certainly be looking to add more "creativity" in the rest of my plein air work ;) Thank you all for the advice. It has been a truly blessed experience being around the WC artists. Sorry for gushing ;) I am feeling somewhat nostalgic today :) .