PDA

View Full Version : Jesus commission news

Artistammy
07-08-2003, 11:34 AM
I thought I had finished the painting until the client saw it. Being my first commission I was nervous & anxious to get the talk with him over in the beginning. When he saw it done he said he hadn't wanted the 3rd cross in the middle of the sunset as it was the one at the bottom of the painting. So I obligingly told him I would try to take it out. There is a faint ghost of it still & I don't like the blank space. I don't know yet what he thinks. He said he would be available all Sun evening but haven't been able to get together with him yet. :(
I hope I get this taken care of before I go on vacation Fri. We're going canoeing on the US/Canadian border in MN. We'll be portaging & aren't allowed to take the extra weight of art supplies but I should get alot of good photos though.
This one the flash washed out. It's the first version.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jul-2003/3341-Jesus_on_crosswipWC3finaladjJPG.jpg
This is after I took the cross out:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Jul-2003/3341-Jesus_on_crossWCfinal2sm.jpg

Deborah Secor
07-08-2003, 12:20 PM
Just a thought... maybe the 'ghost' of the cross is a neat addition, as if it will be there. You might suggest this to your client and see if it appeals.

Hope it all works out. Have agreat time on your trip!

Drumbeat-trish
07-08-2003, 03:22 PM
I agree with Deborah - the faint outline of the cross adds an air of mystery to it - another dimension to the story. :)

Vegas Art Guy
07-08-2003, 03:38 PM
Tell the client that you did that on purpose, it adds a spiritual dimension to the drawing. I like the colors and the composition so far. Have fun canoeing

Artistammy
07-08-2003, 04:28 PM
Thanks, guys. I had considered it as sort of ghost or foreshadowing cross - glad you thought of it too. :)

Mo.
07-08-2003, 05:18 PM
The ghost image is a good idea, good luck and have a great holiday.

cheers,
Mo.

Dyin
07-08-2003, 11:04 PM
I agree...have fun now!