PDA

View Full Version : Blue sky and house

frujin
07-11-2012, 03:54 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-11-2012/1020452_hs800small2.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Blue sky and house
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 50x40cm.
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This was done for July landscape challenge.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Please, provide any comments, feedback, advices, .. so I can improve.. :)

Debzy
07-11-2012, 06:32 AM
I really like this, I like the colours, the mood and the composition. I keep thinking the roof puts me off a bit but can't work out why. perhaps it is too square? Other than that I love it. Cheers Debs. =))

tgsloth
07-11-2012, 06:53 AM
Beautiful composition, execution and colors. My one suggestion and it may be just me is that the palette knife/angular treatment of the clouds is beautiful but doesn't go with this painting. I think the painting is about the prairie winds and the unusual treatment of the clouds is a bit of a distraction. I'm only suggesting some brushwork on the clouds to lose most of the straight lines created by the knife. the values and shapes in the sky are great.

maryinasia
07-11-2012, 07:53 AM
I really like this. It sings. I would prefer the angle of the roof line on the right to be \ instead of /.

tony1
07-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Beautiful. My only crit is the midground trees on the right. YOu have me feeling the wind with the trees on the left, but the midground trees are straight up. I'm wondering if a bit (just a bit) of a bend in those trees, to the left, would help. Just a thought.

But really liking this a lot.

La_
07-11-2012, 11:29 AM
lovely!

couple things ...

the color/tone you have on the tiny little roof - seems perfect
the color/tone on the other two larger roofs - seems too strong/heavy

love the trees on the left! the furthest left, blue one, however, is trying to look like a shadow of a tree instead of a tree, a cast shadow onto the sky that makes it look like a backdrop from an old movie scene, which is kind of cool really, but i'm not sure if that's what you're going for

la

totsy
07-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Frujin, I agree with TG to soften the edges of the clouds with brush. The mountains are rendered nicely and overall I like the composition. The off thing to me is the two trees being the same height and almost cloned. Like Debzy, something looks a little off with the roof.

frujin
07-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks guys! LA, that was not the intention, but now as you said it .. it actually sounds like good idea ;) ...