PDA

View Full Version : Terry Ludvig any reseller in europe ?

JPQ
07-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Terry Ludvig any reseller in europe ? one reason why i ask is Eggplant.:)

Colorix
07-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Contact Terry through their website, he is wonderful, helpful, kind, and very generous.

jackiesimmonds
07-12-2012, 05:45 AM
as far as I am aware, there is no Ludwig reseller in Europe. I have spoken to Terry about this.......he suggsted I do it, but the cost of importing would be VERY high, it would make the pastels v expensive. Only worthwhile for a major importer really who could buy in bulk, tho would demand a big discount I suspect.

Aelfwynn
07-12-2012, 11:54 AM
We could all write to Gerstaecker/Great Art and request them... it worked for getting them to carry Golden Acrylics and Pastelmat here in Germany!

(incidentally, Gerstaecker (don't know about the UK branch, Great Art) now has Mi Tientes Touch)

JPQ
07-12-2012, 03:31 PM
any hue is close in Unison colour range ? (We have now importer for these).

Colorix
07-12-2012, 07:12 PM
JPQ, no, no Unison that's even close to TL 100. One of Sennelier is, but i got it as a sample and don't know the number.

Jackie, I fully understand you. Yes, an established importer/art supplyer would be best. You'd have to work up *all* of the marketing... (horror!)

JPQ
07-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Colorix: its sad i and i think similar hues in Sennelier range at least few purples
seems lower side of lightfastness when we trust manufacturer and i trust little becouse i know these pigments are not very lightfast what seems be used.

jackiesimmonds
07-14-2012, 03:02 AM
Terry will send to you, he is SO helpful. You do not need a local importer.

JPQ
07-14-2012, 04:56 AM
Yes but taxes are bit complex and they rise price. But i must think but even now is many colours what i want at least test in topic pastels. But in These terry ludvigs is there white and black and if what are their names ?

jackiesimmonds
07-14-2012, 06:40 AM
If you go to his website, you can check colours and names.

BUT yes, importing will be expensive.

AND

If you want a black or a white pastel, you certainly do not need to buy Terry Ludwig and pay extra taxes. His pastels are nice, they are soft and creamy, and if you want a special colour it could be worth importing...but Schmincke pastels are just as good, in fact they are very similar. you ought to be able to find those in Europe. And Unison too, tho personally I find them less creamy. Schmincke, in terms of texture, is the closest you can buy to Ludgwig, over here.

Sennelier are good pastels, but they do break. I would favour Schmincke, they are fatter pastels and less inclined to break. The range is enormous, you will not have a problem finding colours you like.

JPQ
07-14-2012, 07:10 AM
I*talked terry ludvig range black and white. when i look my colour chart they like have few hues what are missing in schmincke.
ps. schmincke is available here. and schmincke range is good i actually i think have 105 hues form them.

jackiesimmonds
07-14-2012, 12:48 PM
if you have 105 Schminke pastels, then my advice is stop worrying about what you do not have, and JUST PAINT.

japonaise
07-14-2012, 11:02 PM
I think the best description of the TL V100 is Eggplant/Black and there is no comparable manufactured stick sold in the US. The closest colors are a couple of Unisons: A36 which is more of a blue violet gray and A29 which is a lighter more blue color than V100. One idea that may have a good result is to crumble some Schmincke quinacridone violet with a Schmincke dark blue violet, and add some black with a few drops of water to see if that mixture is dark enough for your use. TL makes two sets of 30 darks or one set of 60 darks. The company has an annual sale which may be during the month of August. Or, maybe you can pool together some European artists in England, Sweden, Norway and Finland for making one big purchase of V100s and split the cost of international shipping/duties from the US to Europe. With that said, I have no idea what the cost is for shipping from one European country to another - that may be cost prohibitive.

JPQ
07-16-2012, 06:27 AM
if you have 105 Schminke pastels, then my advice is stop worrying about what you do not have, and JUST PAINT.

true but i mainly have strong hues. but still by blending i at least almost can get any hue what imagine.

*Marina*
07-16-2012, 08:33 AM
JPQ, show us some of your paintings. We might be able to help you.

JPQ
07-16-2012, 01:46 PM
*marina*: i soon post something which i count good... i trying paint soon more. maybe even today. and know what hues i want test some
yellow greens (one weak are now),darks,and yellow green earth and blue green earth series and few specials for darks,and lights,and some special collection.... but i dont know how many depends price what i dont yet know. but maybe beetween 10-20.