PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble 7th July.

Mo.
07-07-2003, 09:40 AM
Afternoon all, hope your day is good and bright:)

It's been one of those days today where I seem to have been working hard with little to show for it.... so off to get stuck into some painting now.

Have a good one!

cheers,
Mo

bnoonan
07-07-2003, 11:01 AM
A little down this morning. I'm in the process of measuring all my pieces that I might want to frame and realize that they are odd sizes and everything will have to be done custom and very expensive. It's disappointing to do the work and be so thrilled with it and yet not find it's possible to frame it readily - or even find a place to hang it.

Forgive me for being a downer - but that's what I have to report at this moment - no doubt it will pass as soon as I pick up my pastels again and create.

Barb

E-J
07-07-2003, 12:57 PM
Downer #2 coming up, I'm afraid. I have had a rotten day.

I've come down with my second stinking cold in a month and am feeling very low. I can't taste a damn thing. Everything at work seemed to go wrong today and feeling grotty just made it all seem worse. The afternoon ended with me spilling a large glass of lemon squash all over my desk. It drenched my mobile phone, which has now stopped working :crying:

There's always the evening, I suppose. On my way home, I stopped to buy these to try and cheer myself up:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Jul-2003/13865-mums2.jpg

soap
07-07-2003, 01:37 PM
Hi there - what a miserable lot you are! LOL....heads up! Come on, it's summer. E-J, poor you, another cold.....take it easy girl! Those flowers look nice. I don't buy enough flowers anymore...should change that. They are so expensive in the UK though! Am still suprised at it.
Barb - know how you feel.....LOL....get your own mat cutter -that helps......I then put them in standard sized frames. Must admit, I've started to paint on standard sized paper.....but am not very good at that....keep on going over the 'standard' line....suppose I should pre-cut my paper next time.....
Mo - looking forward to the leopard saga......(were they leopards? eh...sorry if I am wrong :D)

has been a boring day here.....feeling rather tired and did not do much. Did a 60 minute sketch and read a bit. pretty useless really :D
Hope tomorrow will be more productive!

Mo.
07-07-2003, 01:46 PM
Hey Barb...know how you feel I have to get about 8 framed maybe more, by the framer, just can't find decent frames here at all..... it's going to cost an arm and a leg no doubt......but look what E-J's brought along.... those lovely flowers will cheer us up. :)
Bad news about your cold E-J, are you going to paint those flowers?

Heck Sophie..... CHEETAHS my girl.. Cheetahs. LOL ....Just taking a break after having eaten a plate of spaghetti bolognese, I'll now take a short walk, then back to it.

It's that Monday feeling......Cheer up tomorrow's another day.:D :D

E-J
07-07-2003, 01:54 PM
heya Mo ~ one of the really miserable things about a cold [apart from having no appetite, which for a foodaholic like me is pretty grim news!] is that pastel dust aggravates it. I might print off the photo and try it in oil pastels when I'm feeling a bit brighter :)

Mo.
07-07-2003, 01:59 PM
Good idea, if I were you switch from foodaholic to being alcoholic just for the night and drown the darn cold..... I dunno maybe you
already are. :D:D

Better run outa here quick.:D

E-J
07-07-2003, 02:10 PM
Actually you're right Mo, I already are :D

meowmeow
07-07-2003, 02:43 PM
Boy, what a mess this group is! I had to go to the doctor too this morning. My diverticulitis is acting up again...phooey. Probably will need surgery in the fall. Yuck! In the meantime I have medication that makes me feel even lousier than I feel. Oh well!
I'm sorry about the colds E-J. Those are lousy. Try to rest and get rid of it.
I uderstand what you are upset about Barb! That is frustrating. I am trying to plan ahead with the sizes before I start...so I can use ready made stuff. But it is not always easy. How are your plans going to coming east for the show? That must be a lot of work!!!!
I must have missed the report on Sophie's ball...I have to go back to yesterday I think to read all about it. I hope it went well!
SO I am not doing much art right now, mostly resting. I even had to miss my MOnday morning figure drawing session. :( Puttering a bit with my mini landscapes. Those are easy and fun.
I hope things get better for everyone!

Sandy

bnoonan
07-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Greetings - I'm here with my afternoon coffee and you folks are probably in your cups or asleep by now. Sorry - never took a liking to tea as much as java. But I'm warming up to the idea of cocktails later...

Feeling better. Spent the day shuttling David to the MD for his colonoscopy exam which ended with a supreme Dim Sum lunch and nothing scary on the results. Sandy, my heart goes out to your with the diverticulitis. It stinks getting old and falling apart.

Being a food-aholic and pastelist - are they in the same category? I know it's one of my prime interests - sweets and lots of them.

EJ - many thanks for introducing another gem - lemonade squash - we just call it squeezed lemonade but I like your description better. Perhaps not having the cell phone isn't such a bad thing sometimes. PS: Love the flowers!!! I thought of doing the same but ended up buying chocolate instead.

Tell you what - let's put this day to bed and not think about it again.

I DECLARE THIS THREAD CLOSED AND SEALED AND DONE!!!!

See you all tomorrow! Barb

Mo.
07-07-2003, 07:28 PM
You betcha!... got to have the last word.. :D:angel:

E-J
07-08-2003, 03:58 AM
No, I insist on having the last word here :D Just wanted to respond to Barb's comment ... it's lemon [not lemonade] squash ~ a fruit cordial that you dilute with water! Orange and blackcurrant are the classic flavours of squash when you're a kid, but lemon's my favourite :)