GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Thrown Like Matchsticks
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 100cm x 150cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Acrylic and coloured matchsticks. This was a new style I tried by pouring and dripping paint onto the canvas.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I paint on my own so I'd like to get some other perspectives on this. I'm here to lea<br> and improve so any advice/critiques/comments are appreciated. Thanks!

Pinklady219
07-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Very nice--as soon as I seen it, I thought outer space explosion. Are the matchsticks on there? What is the line down the middle? I never did an abstract that I liked. I love this one!!

E.Smet
07-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Hi Pinklady, yes there are coloured matchsticks in the painting and there is a line because this is made on two canvases pushed together. Thanks for the comment. :)

Debzy
07-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Yes I agree with Pink, the colours are quite spectacular! It certainly does look like an explosion in the universe! I like it very much, it is quite a large work. Well done, I don't have any crits, I am a colour loving person and it suits my colour taste perfectly. Great piece! Cheers Debs. =))

Andrewcody
07-08-2012, 10:21 PM
Is it meant to be an abstract?
If so an abstraction of what?

Andrew

lunchbox
07-09-2012, 08:51 PM
What a great idea with lots of movement and interest. Are the canvases going to be separate when you get ready to frame, as both compliment the other nicely.

E.Smet
07-10-2012, 04:08 AM
Hi Andrew, I started by just dripping paint onto the canvas and it looked to me like a wave so I went with that idea. But I like that it's still a bit open to interpretation and that other people can see different things like space explosions.
Lunchbox, I didn't plan on separating them. I sort of think of it as one painting...

Andrewcody
07-10-2012, 04:16 AM
Oh I see, ok.
Enjoy

Andrew

leisure artist
07-10-2012, 08:49 AM
This is very orriginal,lots of colour and movement...well done!

Coen1
07-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Well done. Interesting. Looks like something heavy is going on. The section above is lacking some focus, I think, in comparison to the remainder.

totsy
07-11-2012, 12:40 PM
The dark upper left and the punch of yellow gives it a pop. I has a very original feel. When I started out painting, my instructor recommended doing one unfinished piece then continue the theme on a second piece to make one.
Great job E.Smet.

E.Smet
07-12-2012, 03:42 AM
Thanks leisure artist, Coen and totsy! It is really encouraging to get your feedback as I've never talked about my art with other painters before and it can be pretty hard to judge your own work. Thanks again for the support.

wingwong
07-16-2012, 10:34 AM
I like it :) Looks to me like some sort of sea creature (left) and maybe a large beast ie lion ,tiger (right) Or kinda like St.George :))))

wingwong
07-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Ive got it
Liquid confrontation of constellations. lol