PDA

View Full Version : Commission question

Artistammy
07-05-2003, 05:15 PM
I've got my commissioned piece ready for the customer to see. Is there a customary place for that to happen? Do I take it to him or ask him to come to my house? Thanks, I keep thinking of questions since I haven't done this before.

Dyin
07-05-2003, 06:34 PM
IMHO customers love to see the studio, with a finished piece that is theirs in it. Sometimes it leads to a sale of another finished piece. I don't think there's a right or wrong way, unless the customer thinks it's an imposition on their time. But usually people love to see working studios...it adds to the story of their piece.

Artistammy
07-05-2003, 07:04 PM
Thanks. That sounds like a good idea. And now I've got a studio! (even if it is a corner of my living room set off by a nice room divider, lol)

Mo.
07-05-2003, 07:34 PM
It all depends with me as to how far away the customer lives, sometimes I've delivered to the customer, most often the customer collects, then on other times for convenience I have met the customer at a central place for us both, had a coffee with them and parted with the painting this way, but this has only been after the customer has previously seen the final work and approved, but wanted me to have it framed it for them, something I don't like doing...personally I prefer it when they collect, saves on travel expenses too.

Cheers,
Mo.

Dyin
07-05-2003, 07:54 PM
Tammy, I can relate. We live in a 5th wheel...the slideout is my studio...no divider though...It's amazing how much I can pack into a 5x7 area! And of course....everything is within reach lol!