PDA

View Full Version : Animation set-up

Rob_Barrett
08-27-2000, 06:39 PM
Hi,
Finally, my first post to the boards http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif

I've recently been wondering about buying myself a cheap animation table and camera set-up, but haven't a clue where to look.

I'm interested in a camera that could be hooked up to a PC to run with animation software (providing I can find some of that, too).

Does anyone have an idea where I can go, bearing in mind that I live in the UK, and wouldn't be able to afford to get anything like that shipped across

Thanks,

Rob

[This message has been edited by Rob_Barrett (edited August 27, 2000).]

pixelscapes
08-28-2000, 09:38 PM
I've painted a few cels and animated some sketches (flip books, etc), done some stop motion... but, here's an idea. Perhaps you could use a scanner instead, since you're planning to do all your editing via software? Try scanning a cel before you invest in a whole scanner setup, though.

-=- Jen "anime" Pixelscapes

Rob_Barrett
08-30-2000, 12:57 AM
Cheers Jen, but I've tried that before..
At an animation course I went to, I kept the cels, so I could put the animations onto my computer, and I scanned each cel with my scanner and then put it together with an animating program, but I really didn't like that. Also, using a scanner as a camera doesn't allow you to do cut-out animation, as the work has to be placed upside down.

The place I had this course had cameras which were part of their computer system. You took a picture, it added it as a new frame automatically.
A little too expensive for me, but I wanted to know if there were cheaper versions of this kind of thing available..

Rob