PDA

View Full Version : Started an art journal - the perfect project for now

Art_Rabbit
07-04-2012, 09:29 PM
I've had this old self-help workbook from . . . well, whenever I was really into self-help workbooks (mostly buying them and then only writing a few pages and then losing interest! :rolleyes: ) So I removed the outer layers of the cover, and covered the bits of text on the pages either with marker or scraps of paper.

This leaves me with many pages that have lined areas for writing if I want to write, plenty of white space to paste stuff, add color, just keep building. The glue spine is so far holding the pages in. As they expand, I will extend the spine so the book opens nicely, but that's down the road.

Even included some strips of text from an old (and really pathetic) attempt at a novel when I was much younger. I glue them in at random as elements that might evoke some kind of vague narrative.

It's fun and a great stress reliever. I'm in uncertaintly about whether or when I might need to move (this after moving last year and the place isn't working out). The book is also small and easy to work with anywhere, which is important when space is an issue.

As I go, I just put a little bit of whatever I glue down on each page, so it'll be awhile till I have some "finished" pages but when I get some I'll post them here. :cat:Right now I've been just collaging and using pencils and markers but soon I will add PAINT! Such fun!

Geekette
07-04-2012, 10:47 PM
This sounds like an interesting project! I'll stop by to see what you come up with.

DrDebby
07-05-2012, 07:40 PM
Very cool idea happening here. Would love to see your pages when you are ready.