PDA

View Full Version : blood, gore, gristle, ichor, gooey, slimy, disgusting...

Cuddles!
06-12-2001, 07:55 PM
I just got Painter5. Not Painter6, Painter5.

The liquid metal feature is very intriguing. The metal is... okay... though it'd be a lot better if the picture it reflects were variable. Anyway, my question, since you've already probably mastered Painter5, is, which picture (I invite you to experiment with these, if you choose, to find the best one) would you use as the clone source to produce the most evocative (realistic?) form of the fluids posted in the title?

It would be very cool if you could provide a few pictures for each of my favorite bodily fluids. If I've left any out, please let me know. (Oops, I forgot snot!)

Now, go eat dinner.

Cuddles!

Ron.

------------------
"work is what you do for others, liebschen; art is what you do for yourself."
ss/sitpwg

Shehaub
06-13-2001, 11:51 AM
I wish I could help you. I only have the classic version. To be honest, I am not very good with that.

With a request list like this, I cannot wait to see the work you create! I hope you find your answers soon.

dhenton
06-13-2001, 11:28 PM
take a look at something like mucilage (sp?) glue or that stuff they always use in the Alien movies which is probably some kind of carbohydrate food additive. I'm not sure you will learn what you need from looking at nature, what makes that stuff repulsive is the associations it has in the viewers minds, that's what you have to evoke. It's the context which should drive the emotion: When I watch Ripley blow up aliens for the 50th time, I can't help but think of the technicans squirting alien goo out of 50 gallon drums marked "Polysorbate 50-Green Dye 21".

------------------
"Art is anything you can get away with." -- Marshall McLuhan

[This message has been edited by dhenton (edited June 13, 2001).]

digistyle
06-14-2001, 03:28 PM
Here a Painter link that might help:

Scary Titles (http://home.att.net/%7Ergagnon/PainterScary.html)
This one shows how to turn text into dripping blood. Maybe you can modify the process to suit your needs.

digistyle

------------------
Limits? What limits?

[sp]

[This message has been edited by digistyle (edited June 14, 2001).]

Cuddles!
06-14-2001, 08:40 PM
Oh, yes! Thank you. This will help a lot!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif

Ron.

------------------
"work is what you do for others, liebschen; art is what you do for yourself."
ss/sitpwg