PDA

View Full Version : About time fot yet one more Dutch countryroad OP

Dima
07-03-2003, 06:25 PM
This was done from memory and is in a region called Maasduinen in the dutch provence of Limburg.
Op on brown paper 48x36cm

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Jul-2003/2034-Maasduinenweggetje.jpg

Dick

Dyin
07-03-2003, 09:54 PM
Makes me want to see what's around the corner...love your sky and swirling tree leaves...

CarlyHardy
07-04-2003, 01:03 AM
I think the row of background trees are a little too green...should be toned down more with a lavender? purple? to indicate more distance especially below the trees on the right. It's difficult to tell where they end and the background trees begin.

I always look for a pathway when I'm on location..I love the way they lead into the painting...very inviting. Your perspective is great with the trees and the path. Nice texture in the pathway too!

Could add a bit more warmth to the foreground tree.

Landscapes are my favorite subjects! Are you painting plein air? I've found that I can paint better from memory since I began painting on location...perhaps, it's because I have to take in the subject more while I'm there.
carly

surreal
07-06-2003, 09:25 AM
It is marvellous!!!
I love the vitality in every form you have rendered!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mo.
07-06-2003, 07:15 PM
Love your landscapes Dick.... Love this one... you have great flair and imagination! Super!

Cheers,
Mo.

marilyn h
07-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Your perspective is wonderful ! Love this painting!

Dima
07-07-2003, 04:33 PM
Thank you Dyin, Carly, Nina , Mo and Marilyn.
Carly, you are right about the atmospheric perspective and no I am not yet painting plein air.

Dick