PDA

View Full Version : Daily Grumble 2nd June 2003

Dark_Shades
07-02-2003, 07:16 AM
.... ssshhh Popped in here at work ......

This has been a roller coaster year so far me........ (never did like fairground rides - and feel like Im riding on the Big Dipper :p) .......

I wanna get off...... feel sick !!!

..... too many probs to mention..... anyways..... just wanted to let you know........ that for the time being I wont be so visual or verbal... so try not to miss me to much :D

.... will try and participate when I can........... dont worry, like Arnie....

I'll be back ............. :evil:

.......... I just dont know when:crying:

doe
07-02-2003, 07:36 AM
Here you are Dawn ... but it's JULY now, please don't make us do June over again!

The only words of wisdom I have for you is that if we don't have problems how will we know it when we don't. Get some lucky bamboo, it really works for me. Now try to stay out of the tunnel and off the roller coaster.

Since I reported in last night on my activities I don't have much to say except I slept and now I'm up again. Although my brain wouldn't quiet down last night thinking about what's ahead with the new job.

Enjoy the day!

soap
07-02-2003, 07:51 AM
He Dawn - head up girl! You only live once. Keep it happy.
We'll be thinking of you - and surely miss you - so when you can, do pop in and let us cheer you up.

:)

E-J
07-02-2003, 08:02 AM
Can't possibly imagine an invisible, non-verbal Dawn ... it's against nature!! :p I hope you find a way to creep in here now and then ... and that you'll find time for your pastels :)

Smudger
07-02-2003, 10:22 AM
nothing too serious i hope dawn, keep your head to the sky and work out your frustrations with your pastels...good luck mate

bnoonan
07-02-2003, 11:49 AM
Dawn - we're all thinking of you and will miss you but totally understand when you need to slide off the face of the earth for awhile. Please let us know if there is any way we can help.

Keep checking in when/where you can. We'll be watching and I promise to let you sing some more!!!

Did you get your art supplies?

Doe - congratulations on the new job. Had to laugh about the pee test since I used to work in Human Resources and have folks do that for me. YOur guidelines are a heck of a lot more stringent however.

I'm off the airport to drop off my honey and then I think I'll tackle at least one of my old paintings that I never finished. It just seems like a good thing to do.

Cheers! Barb

meowmeow
07-02-2003, 01:41 PM
Dawn! I will miss you and hope things are alright! We'll be here waiting when you come back!

New job Doe? I missed that! COngratulations and good luck with it!

Sandy

Mo.
07-02-2003, 05:54 PM
Awww Dawn... we will miss you. :(

Hope things work out for you.....TTFN...speak soon.

Mo.

Mo.
07-02-2003, 06:08 PM
Sophie... just saw your pics in yesterday's scumble... what a terrific bulding...did you say you were painting this one?

Well took the car to the garage today, they couldn't find anything wrong with the brakes, but bled them and topped up the brake fluid...so for nothing wrong we ended up with a 20 bill and a day running around in circles, not having a car at our disposal it was public transport.. HUH!! Being in the sticks, we have about 6 bus's per day, none after 7. p.m. none on a Sunday too, so a car is a necessity here.... anyway here's my business cards for those that wanted to see.. hope you like and thanks Sophie for all your help.:)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Jul-2003/5154-bus_cards.jpg

I'm very pleased with them....can you spot Dawn's garden?

Cheers,
Mo.

meowmeow
07-02-2003, 07:49 PM
Terrific cards Mo! And yes...I can see the gorgeous garden there!

Sandy

soap
07-03-2003, 12:23 AM
Oh! So nice to see them!! Oh, and my favourtite swan is on top.......are you going to show the other swan in the exhibition as well?
Great stuff.

No, am not painting this building (just yet :D)....but it will linger in the back of my mind.....caus' it would make great subject matter. Instead of painting.....am trying to write about it.....sometimes it is so much easier to say things in paint, and not in words.......sigh.....but the ones who will examine me will not except that.....LOL....(did somebody ask what I am doing.....am working on getting my doctorate in art history/specialized in architectural history.....nearly there.....finishing touches to my thesis.....)

Dark_Shades
07-03-2003, 04:38 PM
..... just wanted to pop in here ...... to say thanks for all your kind words ........

unfortunately Smudge..... it is serious ....... all will say is its Major Family Problems...... but its the sort of stuff that rips your heart out ....... and leaves a big empty hole that not even art or pastels can fill - I rec'd my new art supplies this lunchtime ......... just looked at them and left them where they are - hence the song earlier....... but with a different meaning to the words ...... instead of felt...... feel

Mo.
07-03-2003, 04:45 PM
So sorry to hear about your family problems Dawn.

I didn't realise. Hope all will be well soon.

Take care.

Mo.

meowmeow
07-03-2003, 04:47 PM
:(
I'm so sorry Dawn! I too was hoping it was nort really a big deal. But yes, family is important and when things are not going well...it can be difficult.
Good luck! Pop in here if it makes you feel better...but if not then don't worry about it!

Hugs!

SAndy

soap
07-03-2003, 04:59 PM
All the best Dawn! Stay strong.

guilliame
07-04-2003, 06:13 AM
Hey Dawny,sorry to hear it's serious,try and stay strong,I'm gonna miss your paintings and comments,don forget you gotta lot of friends here.
Regards Guilli.

Smudger
07-04-2003, 06:49 AM
we're sending you all our love Dawn

Kathryn Wilson
07-04-2003, 07:00 AM
Aw, Dawn, we have been missing you terribly. Sending some hugs your way.

((((((hugs)))))

Dark_Shades
07-04-2003, 07:15 AM
ohhh eck Guys.... you really are great....

your kind words are really wonderful...... and Im getting all.... well you know ......... whelling up .......

:crying:

..... and I snucked in here at work........

E-J
07-04-2003, 08:06 AM
Sounds like you're having a rough time, Dawn ... sending a hug.

doe
07-04-2003, 08:55 PM
Dawn, so sorry to hear you're having trouble - hugs from me too!

angecald
07-05-2003, 12:12 AM
Sorry to hear there are serious problems, Dawn. I know you're strong and will see your way through it.

Artaholic
07-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Dawn , hang in there kid we are all pulling for you. You will be much missed.

Gerry:cat:

Chelle
07-05-2003, 03:17 AM
Yeah. A hug from me too.