PDA

View Full Version : New guide!

llis
07-01-2003, 10:37 PM
Congratulations WC!

Mo. you will make a really great guide... so glad that you agreed to accept the challenge. :D

Kathryn Wilson
07-01-2003, 10:51 PM
Yay, MO! :clap: :clap: :clap:

CarlyHardy
07-01-2003, 11:54 PM
Mo, so excited to be working with you in the forum!

Thanks for taking on the responsibility of serving as a guide.
carly

soap
07-02-2003, 03:29 AM
Congrats Mo! am sure you'll guide us well......;)

doe
07-02-2003, 07:15 AM
Congrats Mo!

Kathryn Wilson
07-02-2003, 07:17 AM
I've never been real clear on what exactly the Moderators and the Guides do in each forum.

Anyone care to explain?

:confused:

Smudger
07-02-2003, 10:15 AM
Yo! Mo! congrats:clap:

bnoonan
07-02-2003, 12:28 PM
Go Mo Go!!!Go Mo Go!!!Go Mo Go!!!Go Mo Go!!!Go Mo Go!!!Go Mo Go!!!Go Mo Go!!!Go Mo Go!!!Go Mo Go!!!Go Mo Go!!!Go Mo Go!!!Go Mo Go!!!Go Mo Go!!!Go Mo Go!!!Go Mo Go!!!Go Mo Go!!!Go Mo Go!!!

Barb:D

meowmeow
07-02-2003, 01:39 PM
Go Mo! WONderful news! COngratulations!

Sandy

llis
07-02-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by kyle
I've never been real clear on what exactly the Moderators and the Guides do in each forum.

Anyone care to explain?

:confused:

A forum guide is a WetCanvas! member with special responsibilites in a particular forum. Forum guides work closely with their forum's modertors to ensure their forum is inviting, active and an asset to the community.

The role of the forum guide is very much that of motivator, guiding force and all around presence as friend to the members as well as one who should be looked to for help.

A moderator is a WetCanvas member with special administrative abilities which allow them to make changes to threads and posts in the forums for which they have responsiblity.

Generally, moderators are responsibile for:

ensuring that members follow the community rules
assisting new members
fostering lively discussion
helping other moderators and Scott with decision making
A good moderator ensures that his or her forum is inviting, active and an asset to the community as a whole.
Moderators can:
close and open threads
move threads
edit threads or posts
delete threads or posts
split and merge threads
stick and unstick threads

Moderators are good with a broom and dust mop. :D Guides get to have all the fun responsibilites. :D

flower
07-02-2003, 04:52 PM
Hey Mo,

Congratulations, i wasnŽt sure what a guide was, only know i was a girl guide so maybe its something on those lines LOL. no really i think you are so helpful to everyone and very motivating sure youŽll make a big success..........................iŽm looking forward to you working with us.........................................

Mo.
07-02-2003, 05:05 PM
Thank you llis and Carly, I'm looking forward to being part of the team here.

Thanks everyone for the thumbs up...but, but... Barb...you want me to go already? :D:D

I hope we will all keep this forum a great and happy place as always.

You are greatest bunch of folks.:)

Mo.

flower
07-02-2003, 05:10 PM
Hi Mo,

Did i tell you my grandma and greatgrandma were south walians, no................................... but its true.......................... lol

Katherine J
07-02-2003, 05:17 PM
Congratulations, Mo. This is a major responsibility and I very much appreciate the fact that you are offering your time, knowledge and assistance to the rest of us. It's already the best forum IMHO and I'm sure you'll carry on the wonderful tradition of caring involvement. Thanks.

Katherine

Mo.
07-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Patricia they were? Well I never.:D Which part of South Wales?

Katherine thankyou, I hope I don't let you all down, those old grey cells get a little rusty on times. :)

Cheers,
Mo.

Dyin
07-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Well, Mo...you were the first person who ever told me I could PM you when I came here...so it seems a very fitting job for you! I'm sure you'll make everyone feel welcome and make the whole place even more enjoyable than it is now...tho I think this is the best forum already!

BTDogMom
07-03-2003, 10:15 AM
MO!!! They couldn't have picked a better guide than u!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!! :clap: :clap:

Dima
07-03-2003, 03:37 PM
Congrats, Mo!!
And thanks for doing all this work for us!!

Dick

Mo.
07-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Thanks Sue, BTDog and Dick.... shall do my very best for all of us. :)

cheers,
Mo.

Dark_Shades
07-04-2003, 01:03 PM
forgive me for my rudeness Mo. ........ as you know I have been pre-occupied

......... congratulations...... Im sure you will do a super job

Artaholic
07-04-2003, 02:26 PM
Mo, great to have you as our guide:clap: :clap: And nice to know what one is LOL :D (Should explain that?) Joke: I never knew what one is and now I are one.

Gerry

Mo.
07-04-2003, 04:17 PM
Thankyou Dawn, that's very much appreciated. :)

LOL Thankyou Gerry. :)

Cheers,
Mo.

Drumbeat-trish
07-04-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by BTDogMom
MO!!! They couldn't have picked a better guide than u!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!! :clap: :clap:

I couldn't agree more :D :D :D WTG Mo !!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been around much lately -flat out with work but now I've got a little time will be back again - though I'm also sort of playing with watercolours and just discovered charcol. Got myself in a rut with a pastel painting and kinda lost entusiasm :)

I know you are going to be a great guide in this friendly forum MO :)

guilliame
07-04-2003, 05:56 PM
HI Mo,congrats, take my hand i'm a stranger in paradise:D

Mo.
07-04-2003, 07:39 PM
Oooh Guilly, an offer any lady would not refuse ;):D

Thankyou.:)

Mo.