PDA

View Full Version : scetch of girl

Anonymous
06-30-2012, 08:56 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Jun-2012/29065-112220_portrait_work_001.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: scetch of girl
Year Created:
Medium: Other
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 18 x 9
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Drawn with red crayon and white chalk.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All comments welcome.

Coen1
06-30-2012, 12:10 PM
Looks great (in two senses)!

lunchbox
06-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Hope you post this in portraiture as well:) Maybe a little more attention to finishing the shoulder so that she does not appear to shrink, and revisit the curves and shadows in her neck. Very intriguing eyes and features, nicely done.

eyecandy2
07-01-2012, 03:18 PM
the neck does need better definition. You can't just draw two lines for the sternocleidomastoid muscle or the other parts of the anatomy of the neck and shoulder. Other than that, you have done a nice job.

Andrewcody
07-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Why are you using butchers paper?
Ok As Phil said the neck needs work, there is something strange happening under the jawline, lower mandible seems to extend past the right ear.
Eyes look ok
Other shoulder need to be at least suggested
Show your reference if you are using one please
I am concerned about the shadow under her bottom lip
Andrew

RetrospectiveGlance
07-02-2012, 12:21 AM
I use news print because its cheap and good for practice work. As these are portrait sketches. Theres no photo sorry. Thank you for the advice though.

tony1
07-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Beautifully drafted, except for the neck as mentioned.

The highlight on the nose I think is too white. A bright/shiny highlight on the skin can give the impression of moisture, which is fine for the lips. But on the nose, combined with the nose being one of the darker parts of the face here, she looks like she has a runny nose. I'm not trying to be funny, or insulting. I just think this is drafted so well that the highlight/darkness of the nose detracts from a very well done piece.

And in addition to being well drafted you captured a great expression on her face.