PDA

View Full Version : Oh that wacky Blick

Jason1616
06-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Hey All! :wave:

I thought I would share something that struck me as really funny! I recently placed a fairly large order from Blick that just arrived today. It was mixture of different items, but among them were 6 open stock Mount Vision pastels.

When I got the Shipment Notification last week, I noticed it was shipped in three separate boxes, and indeed that's what the FedEx guy left on my porch this afternoon. I went to open them, starting with the smallest and lightest box. It is about 12" x 8" x 5" (30cm x 20cm x 13cm) deep, and do you know what was in it?...

One pastel.

LOL! I guess they couldn't fit that last Mount Vision in one of the other two boxes. I LOVE Blick and I order a lot from them over other companies, but this is the first time my art order also gave me a much needed laugh! I was having kind of a downer day today...so thanks Blick for not only your great prices and service, but for cheering me up! :D :lol: :heart:

flowergirl
06-29-2012, 12:31 AM
It always cheers me up when I see a Blick box on my doorstep!:thumbsup:
Sharon

mickeyw3340
06-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Back when I was doing a lot of colored pencil work, they shipped me one pencil that was back ordered in a box the size of a microwave. I thought that was funny. Funnier was that it came around my birthday. my wife got it before I saw it and wrapped it up as a Christmas present, having no idea what was in it.

barriespapa
06-29-2012, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the hoot Jason I am a blick fan too. There customer service is awesome.
David

rugman
06-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Thats funny.

I do that all the time when giving gifts..... that is... wrap a small gift in a huge box. Or box within a box, within a box. Nobody guesses whats in it! Good way to get rid of some larger boxes to. ha ha

Blick Art Materials
07-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Hi Jason,
We realize that orders sometimes arrive on your doorstep in a way that doesn’t seem to be the most logical and we do apologize for that.

We use an automated shipping system that assists by determining what should be the most efficient number and sizes of boxes needed for the order and sends them on through our warehouse conveyor system. Orders may be split up and worked on simultaneously by different employees in different parts of the warehouse. The order box(es) could be handled in different areas of the warehouse by several different warehouse employees however none of those employees have a complete list of the order until the order reaches the end of the conveyor line. At that point, the box and order list is compared and checked for accuracy. Then, if it is apparent that the box is not an adequate size (either too big or too small) for the merchandise it is to hold, the box should be sent along to another area for repacking.

While this technology does greatly increase the overall speed and efficiency of handling orders in most cases, it is not yet perfected. Blick understands that accurate and adequate packaging is most cost effective for our customer, our environment and for us! We will continue to improve and hope we can serve you better in the future.

Jason1616
07-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi Jason,
We realize that orders sometimes arrive on your doorstep in a way that doesn’t seem to be the most logical and we do apologize for that.

We use an automated shipping system that assists by determining what should be the most efficient number and sizes of boxes needed for the order and sends them on through our warehouse conveyor system. Orders may be split up and worked on simultaneously by different employees in different parts of the warehouse. The order box(es) could be handled in different areas of the warehouse by several different warehouse employees however none of those employees have a complete list of the order until the order reaches the end of the conveyor line. At that point, the box and order list is compared and checked for accuracy. Then, if it is apparent that the box is not an adequate size (either too big or too small) for the merchandise it is to hold, the box should be sent along to another area for repacking.

While this technology does greatly increase the overall speed and efficiency of handling orders in most cases, it is not yet perfected. Blick understands that accurate and adequate packaging is most cost effective for our customer, our environment and for us! We will continue to improve and hope we can serve you better in the future.

NO need to apologize!!!! Firstly, I thought it was quite funny and secondly everything arrived in perfect shape so I'm happy. The care with which your team packs flat paper sheets never fails to impress me. I'm always very pleased with Blick's service.

The one time I had a damage issue, you guys took care of it right away and the staff is always friendly and understanding. No complaints here! :D