PDA

View Full Version : Wacom problem

Brownie
03-01-2001, 08:03 PM
I am sure this is a dumb question, but I've never had anyone nearby who would/could answer my questions! So, here goes...
My husband got me a Wacom table, 9x12, I think, all is hooked up and seems fine. The problem is when I try to use it with the stylus-pen that came with it, I cannot access the right and lower parts of the screen image or the menus if they're in that area. I hope someone understands what I am trying to explain here.
I have tried it in two resolutions, 800x600 and 640x480. I have a 17" monitor, it that has any bearing. I've tried it in different programs but have the same problem.
No doubt it's something I just don't know about (or understand), so I am hoping one of you might clue me in! <G> Thanks very much, Brownie/FL P.S. The only "good" program I have is Painter. Also, have IBM 450 MHz, 128 megs RAM, Win 98.

dhenton
03-01-2001, 08:24 PM
just started experiencing this myself on windows. I don't have an official answer, but I think it has to do with the fact that I boot over from linux, and my tablet gets confused about what part of the screen its in charge of. I cure it with magic and a trip to the control panel icon where I disconnect then reconnect.

Anyway, I have had GREAT success with wacom support, send them an email and they will probably give the correct answer!

------------------
"Art is anything you can get away with." -- Marshall McLuhan

digistyle
03-01-2001, 08:34 PM
You may also want to try this:
Open my computer. Open control panel. Open the Wacom Tablet Properties. Click the Mapping tab. Make sure the positioning mode is set to pen mode, the tablet area is set to entire tablet, display area is entire display, aspect is proportional and orientation is set to landscape.
These settings work for me in every graphics program. Hope this helps.

digistyle

Delmax
03-02-2001, 07:06 AM
Yes, that is the mapping of the tablet. Go fix that in the tablet settings.
It seems photoshop 6 has some issues with the older versions of the wacomdrivers, so go download the new one.

Here you go:

ftp://ftp.wacom.com/pub/drivers/IBMPC/intuos/457/pc457-2.exe

Good luck..

oh, btw.. that is the PC-Windows version..

------------------
-Tommy

[This message has been edited by Delmax (edited March 02, 2001).]

Brownie
03-03-2001, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the assistance. I now can use the entire screen! OTOH, I find my airbrush won't work! <G> I was origianlly told how user friendly Painter was...I am not convinced at all! I've been using a computer for over 10 years, so you'd think I could maneauver in a graphics program. Has anyone written "Graphics programs for Dummys" yet, I wonder? Brownie/Fl

digistyle
03-03-2001, 02:05 PM
Brownie,

I'm assuming you're working with Painter 6. If so, check the Corel site for the brush patch:
http://www.corel.com/support/ftpsite/pub/painter/6.1/

This patch is supposed to fix a number of bugs and enable the "woodcut effect".

I think the problems with Painter 6 were partly due to Metacreations divestiture of all its graphic software. For a while, it was a program without a home and there was minimal support to fix the bugs that usually appear in any "x.0" version of a program.

After you install the fix, I'm sure you'll find Painter to be a very enjoyable program. I use version 5.5 with a Wacom myself and have had a lot of fun with it. Looking forward to seeing your work.

digistyle