PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble June 30

sundiver
06-30-2003, 09:47 AM
Wow, the Scumble has usually started long before I get up! Things must be busy across the pond!:)
I just popped in to say goodbye for the summer. The only drawback to 2 glorious months in PEI is no computer. I'll pop in to say hi when I'm near a computer, but doubt if I'll have access to a scanner to show all those plein aire sketches I plan to do. I'll inundate you with them in the fall I guess!
Have a wonderful Pastel Party, you guys in the U.K!
Barb, I hope we can connect, but it's not looking too likely as our travel schedule goes. Maybe you can add a couple of days to your Maine vacation and come up to PEI!
Happy pastelling, all you wonderful people!:):):)
Wendy

soap
06-30-2003, 01:42 PM
Oh....what a quiet scumble today! Hayley on holiday (sorry I missed her), Sundiver just saying adios......can't wait to go myself! :D
Been knackered really, as we went to Northumberland yesterday (3 hour to and 3 hours back by car) to see a wonderful country house near the East Coast of England. It was definitely worth it! Am studying this house (among others) for a degree...so this was homework LOL....Will have some photos tomorrow.

Also received some frame samples from a frame shop....they are so so...I think I just need to get used to the idea of buying plain untreated wood and stain them myself in the colour I want. Found a frame at B&Q (DIY shop for foreigners) would you believe it! It was alright and I framed my Vermeer's girl in it. Messed up the mounts a little, but it looks alright.

Tired. Will be going back to studies tomorrow.

Soap.
What are the rest of you all up to? Smudge did you make that deadline?

bnoonan
06-30-2003, 04:51 PM
Hi there,

Sophie I'm still here - no trips planned until August so you're stuck with me.

I just spent 2+ hours on laundry, more time on creating CD's for all my images and now will work some more computer magic if the bloody machine permits. WC was awful slow this morning!!! Did anyone else have troubles?

I've set another goal to finish a few of the paintings I've started. There are too many that need just that final touch before I can call them "done" and put them in the closet.

More later... Barb

Dark_Shades
06-30-2003, 05:02 PM
you will be sorely missed Wendy....... have a great holiday

...... well I now have no nails left ...... thanks to Tim Henman (Wimbledon) lolol ....... talk about roller coaster ride :D

... still waiting my art supplies to arrive :(

Mo.
06-30-2003, 06:13 PM
Wendy will miss you and all your lovely tiny paintings, have a great couple of months...looking forward to those pics Sophie and why not post your framed one too, it must look good... B&Q hey, wonder if they stock them here..... will take a look....

And I missed the Henman match :eek: :eek: :crying:

Printed out 250 business cards today, using the same template for each but a different mini painting on each batch of 50.... so very pleased with them... had a few probs getting the printer to accept the paper, had to handfeed it eventually. :)

bnoonan
06-30-2003, 09:07 PM
Mo Congratulations on the business cards - I may try that idea next. Did you use pre-made cards and then peel them off the backing or was it a different product? I'd like to try them myself I think.

B

Mikki Petersen
07-01-2003, 12:48 AM
My goodness...the place is deserted! Well, we finished packing finally! Now to the final cleaning...yeech! Next week, new place!

Mo. isn't it great to have the freedom to create your own business cards custom made to your liking without paying some printer a fortune?!

Wendy, have a grand summer! I look forward to seeing all your great works come fall.

Guess what??? I have new neighbors here at the old house and they just commissioned me to do murals in the three bedrooms for their kids! Unfortunately, I cannot do it in pastel:crying: BUT I'm getting paid!!!!! One room a soccer theme, one room a baseball theme and one room a princess (in a monster truck?). This should be a lot of fun!

soap
07-01-2003, 12:58 AM
Well done Mikki! It's a new day, so I am starting a new thread.....keep on getting confused about when the day starts in the US.....