PDA

View Full Version : Selling 60 Carbothello pastel pencils set (sold)

artbabe21
06-29-2003, 04:17 PM
I thought I might get a better result here selling these than the swap forum...

due to my sensitivity to EVEN pastel pencils, and now it seems oil pastels as well, I am selling this BRAND NEW set of 60 Carbothello pastel pencils, which are NOT USED...I was still using my Conte pastels when I found out about this....:crying:

I am sooooooooo bummed as I loved these mediums AND this delightful, friendly forum....I'll try and keep checking in here at all the great work...:)

Please PM me if you are interested, will sell them for what I bought them for sale price + shipping...

Dark_Shades
06-29-2003, 04:31 PM
awwwwww shucks artbabe..... what a bummer :D

.... what do Carbothello compare to? ........ Ive got Faber Castell, and a couple of Derwents...... Faber are hard, Derwents more soft and creamy

artbabe21
06-29-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Dark_Shades
.... what do Carbothello compare to? ........ Ive got Faber Castell, and a couple of Derwents...... Faber are hard, Derwents more soft and creamy

Redsy was the one who told me how great they are, so maybe she can answer this.....since I never got to use them or any others but Conte's I have no clue...:)

Thanks Dawn....it's a weird thing, as it seems I've built a sensitivity to all my art materials & it will vary on any given day...I MAY not even be able to use my oils:crying: I find it difficult to accept given the fact I had NOT used any art materials for the past 10 years, until a year ago & then used safe studio practices....so I'll have to wait it out & see what happens...since I am primarily an oil painter I can NOT imagine NOT painting...:(

Dyin
06-29-2003, 08:44 PM
what kind of symptoms are you getting from the oil pastels? Might be able to help you with some solutions since I have lots of chemical sensitivity problems....PM me if you want....

sundiver
06-29-2003, 10:16 PM
Are you sensitive to colored pencils? I have a new-condition set of Prismacolor Verithins and several colored-pencil technique books I've been wanting to swap.

artbabe21
06-30-2003, 08:55 AM
Thanks Sue for your concern, I have PM'd you.

Sundiver, I have a HUGE set of Prismacolor though I never could figure out how to use them for fine art...I might have to look into that...sorry...Cathleen~

Maryeve
06-30-2003, 09:02 AM
how much do you want for them?

sundiver
06-30-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by artbabe21
Sundiver, I have a HUGE set of Prismacolor though I never could figure out how to use them for fine art...I might have to look into that...sorry...Cathleen~

No prob!:) Check out the cp forum, especially Arlene's W.I.P.s: they do amazing work there.

bnoonan
06-30-2003, 04:46 PM
Cathleen I'm so sorry for you - what a total disappointment.

I know you work in other mediums - perhaps you can tell us where so we can follow your postings.

barb

artbabe21
07-01-2003, 12:22 AM
Thanks Barb......I'll pick up a few Cran D'Ache oil pastels to try while in Denver, maybe when I am better I'll be able to use them at least outdoors.

But as long as I still can use oils....so I have stayed away from all arting for awhile to give my system a chance to gear up again.

Maryeve....they are sold....sorry but I had so many PM's going it was a busy time & couldn't answer til I knew what was going on...:)

CarlyHardy
07-01-2003, 12:34 AM
Closing the thread so others won't respond thinking the pastels are still available.
carly