PDA

View Full Version : Daily Scumble June 29th 2003

Mo.
06-28-2003, 09:07 PM
Heehee... It's 2.a.m of the morning of 29th June here... I've been up to my proverbials today..... planning out business cards, notecards, flyers... you name it, I'm doing it.... haven't painted sod all for weeks now.... getting concerned too, Wendy says go plein aire... Wendy ... haven't the time.... my last venture... the fish had a feed... need to plan...need to get a t least 4 more finished pieces before the exhibition...

Hope you all achieve what you you plan to do this weekend... in other words..... have FUN!!!

Cheers,
Mo.

angeline
06-28-2003, 09:52 PM
Hee Hee.......I'm up too!
Got all packed........tired and had visitors........then fell asleep when i took the kids to bed at half eight.............now i have woke up wide awake!.......I'm so excited now i could burst! 12 hours to go and we will be on our way to the airport....oooohhhhhhh.

sundiver
06-29-2003, 12:11 AM
It's 1 a.m. here. I was asleep for an hour, but the phone rang, then my son got home from work , and here I am, wide awake.
So I joined Julie, who just finished her latest pet portrait comission,( http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116318 ) and is watching Saturday Night Live and making Kraft Dinner.
I've started doing these plein aires, and am kind of hooked. I know most of them won't turn out very well, so I'm doing them on scraps, backs of other sketches, etc., and feel no pressure to perform, just to learn, so it's quite relaxing.
Hayley, I'm so jealous that you're going to Corfu! I'm going to a lovely island myself for 2 months, but Greece, oh man.....

angecald
06-29-2003, 12:35 AM
It's 12:20 pm here, if anybody's still reading, and I just got in from work. It was a hot day but I nearly froze in the air conditioning in my short sleeves, and when I came out, hubby had the car ac on full blast so it was like stepping from the fridge into the freezer. BRRRR!!! When I got home I put my sweater on and cuddled up to the warm computer.

Mo, don't worry, you're going to be fine. Once you do start a new work, you seem to be able to finish it quickly. Right now you're bogged down in detail getting ready for the show, but you'll get that sorted out and then you'll be better able to get ino a creative mood. I think Wendy's advice to do plein-air is good just because it has a real calming effect to spend time outdoors away from everything. Your sketchbook isn't likely to blow into the water a second time, is it? (LOL). Or you could always run up a few still lifes. (lives?)

Angeline, no wonder you're excited. Lovely, ancient, sunny Greece almost within sight! I hope you have a wonderful time and do lots of painting and take lots of pictures.

It's almost a holiday weekend here because Canada Day is Tuesday, so people only have to take Monday as a vacation day to get 4 days off in a row. However, I will be working on Tuesday, which I regret because I'll miss the fireworks and I've been wanting to do a painting of the crowds of people in the park waiting for the fireworks to begin. Maybe next year, when it should fall on a Wednesday!

Mikki Petersen
06-29-2003, 03:33 AM
Hi all you night owls...It is barely the 29th here. I am sitting in our hotel room writing to you on the TV! This is so wierd...It cost $10.00 to get TV Internet and you use a wireless keyboard. The sites are reformatted to fit the TV Screen so they look a little strange but it works! I have been in WC withdrawal since I have not been able to access WC for two days so this is really cool. My husband and grandson are asleep so it's delightfully quiet.

Later today we return home o do the last push on the packing. This was a nice little break.

Mo. don't let this whole exhibit thing get you too stressed. You are a wonderful artist and so is your daughter. The showing will be a sensation. If you go getting all uptight you will not be able to paint anything youare happy with. Let it flow girl!

Angeline, have a wonderful holiday in Corfu and come back with delightful stories and lots of potos.

Have a great day wherever you are!

angeline
06-29-2003, 03:36 AM
OOOHhhhhhhhhhh only 6 hours to go!!!!!!!!
Have I got everything???!!!!
Pastels, paper,..........money........yep!..........lol

Smudger
06-29-2003, 03:56 AM
Hey Hayley... have a good trip:D

Dark_Shades
06-29-2003, 05:01 AM
Bon Voyage Hayley .............. look forward to seeing what you got up to

doe
06-29-2003, 08:31 AM
Have a great trip Hayley!

You guys have been up all night! So I guess everyone will be needing a nap today. Except Mikki, who will finish packing today! Mikki, I've never seen an internet setup in the hotel room before, what fun!

I'm still working on my anniversary sunflowers, next anniversary will be here before I'm done.

Wendy thanks for sharing Julies pet portrait - that's a handsome dog. I fell asleep just as Sat. Night Live came on, as usual. Hope you're able to plein air today.

Mo, I'm sure you'll come up with something - maybe a mini-series of some sort.

Ang, sorry you'll miss out on the fireworks and I can sympathize on the A/C, everyone here keeps the temp. too low too.

Have fun today!

E-J
06-29-2003, 08:33 AM
One hour to go, Hayley! Right now I can't think of anything more exciting than being about to set off to Corfu with your pastels :)

It is incredibly hot and sunny here in my part of the UK today ... My back garden's a bit of a sun-trap and I reckon we might even be matching the temperatures in Greece! Alas, there's no beautiful turquoise Ionian sea to swim in round these parts ...

I've posted something to the sketch thread ... now am heading back out with my factor 5000 sun cream :D [I am a pale, freckled person and don't want to fry] to sprawl out on a rug and read my International Artist magazine!

Enjoy Sunday, everyone :)

Smudger
06-29-2003, 10:11 AM
And there's poor old me slaving over a hot computer probably until late tonight:crying: oh well there's always tomorrow

bnoonan
06-29-2003, 11:43 AM
Well I'm checking in a bit later than all you early risers - but here I am.

Mo - truly relax about the show. Enjoy the ride and expect that there will be significant ups and downs throughout the process - but mostly highs!!! As far as I've seen of your work - it's all finished - just frame it and run!

Corfu.... I can only dream.... Hayley is probably enroute as I type.

Mikki - best of luck with those last minute items.

Smudger is that work you're cranking out or are you just a glutton for punishment? Can't you go play at all today?

Doe - will we get to see the sunflowers? I hope so.

Today is the annual Gay Pride Parade in San Francisco which is truly one of the biggest events celebrated here. I bring my camera every year and see what interesting things I can document. Most everyone wants their photo taken and I e-mail them back to them.

This is a personal comment.... I applaud anyone who is so comfortable in their own skin and (heels and makeup if that's it) to be able to share it with the city. I remember being a kid and being so shy about my own sense of self. Though I'm not gay, I always wanted to just dance when I felt like it or wear what I wanted that made me feel good. My mom frowned about that stuff - "what will the neighbors think". So... I love to see anyone epxress themselves openly and this is sure the venue.

So... through the fog and cool temperatures let the parade begin.

Barb

Smudger
06-29-2003, 12:44 PM
Smudger is that work you're cranking out or are you just a glutton for punishment? Can't you go play at all today?

All work i'm afraid, i'm trying to make a deadline for tomorrow and i'm well behind:eek:

Dark_Shades
06-29-2003, 01:28 PM
shucks Smudge........ was such a great day to get them lilly whites tanned to :)

Mikki Petersen
06-29-2003, 06:15 PM
Barb, hope you share some of those Gay Pride shots with us. I understand it is a very colorful event.

Smudger, so sorry you are working today.