Dimension: 16x24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Done with palette knife.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
All comments welcome.

Coen1
06-24-2012, 09:10 AM
Great portrait, convincing style and brushstrokes. I would'nt have chosen the black on the left. It cuts your background in two different backgrounds, I think. But there' still a portrait of high artistic level!

La_
06-25-2012, 01:17 PM
lovely, intense work!
i'm a bit bothered/distracted by the blue swipe

la

Andrewcody
06-25-2012, 06:18 PM
You need to have a look at the eyes, pupils are different, looking at a different spot in space and the dimensions are different

lunchbox
06-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Good comments to think about - great title. Welcome to Wetcanvas - hope to see more :)

Jonny_L
06-29-2012, 08:04 AM
Thanks for all your comments. I think I will leave it mostly as it is, though will bear in mind your thoughts for future work.
My responses are:
the background is split in to two: I was originally having her listening at a wall and would have had her hand pressing against the wall in the dark of the left. But I couldn't get this to work. However, I kept the two sides of dark/light because of the intense contrasts it created, which I like.

The blue swipe - I think I agree - this would probably be better as a similar colour to the background - I may make this change.

The eyes are asymmetrical, in dimensions and in where they look. I was conscious of this. It was originally even more pronounced, but I have already reduced it. I'm keeping it because I like the disturbance that it creates in her face - and feel that symmetry is rare in people's faces anyway (though not in the pupil's gaze, which are of course always parallel or close in on each other). She has two sides to her face (personality) - one is pensive (in the dark side) , the other seductive - both afraid of the world and out to influence the world at the same time.

Well, that's my excuse, anyway:o

Thanks for all comments.

Andrewcody
06-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Enjoy it

Andrew