PDA

View Full Version : Hubby caught me....

meowmeow
06-28-2003, 08:27 AM
.....painting! :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/28-Jun-2003/15050-painting.jpg

This was the day I was sitting across from the neighbor's garden. I was just doing the acrylic underpainting then.

I have so few pictures of myself, it is funny that I ended up with one of me actually doing this.

SAndy

Dyin
06-28-2003, 10:00 AM
cool! Looks like you're totally engrossed...is this the painting with the mailbox?

CarlyHardy
06-28-2003, 11:09 AM
A good pic! I stopped painting in front of my house...all the neighbors kept stopping by to talk...LOL! I couldn't get anything done.
carly

bnoonan
06-28-2003, 12:15 PM
Sandy - that's wonderful and I'm so glad you shared it. I have to say that's the cleanest French Easel I've seen in awhile.

Glad he caught you on film - and I think your legs are as white as mine.

B:evil:

meowmeow
06-28-2003, 05:43 PM
Yeah my legs are awful...sooooo white! Oh well.

The easel is kind of clean looking because I mostly use with with pastels...and just lay them over the pulled out drawer. But you should see a close up of the area where the paper/board sits! :D Not so clean!

Neighbors did stop and talk to me. At this stage I felt like it was good for me to be able to keep working while being distracted a little. And being a little bit public. It is part of what I have been nervous about.

Mo.
06-28-2003, 08:27 PM
Sandy: Great photo of you in action..... (I won't mention the white legs, cos the camera tell lies:D:D)

Kudos to you , hope you post what your painting soon.:)

Cheers,
Mo.

Mikki Petersen
06-29-2003, 03:57 AM
Helllloooo Sandy! That's a great photo and how appropriate to catch you in that pose! Was this one of the beautiful garden paintings you'v been posting recently?

doe
06-29-2003, 08:50 AM
Hey Sandy - great picture! I know what you mean, I have no pix of me either because I'm the one with the camera. Yes, those are white legs.

E-J
06-29-2003, 09:37 AM
Sandy ... white legs are very fashionable this year ... I'm sporting two of them myself :D

Well done on being brave enough to 'go public'. The fear of plein air is something I too will need to confront if I want to expand my artistic horizons ... yikes ... scary stuff!!

meowmeow
06-29-2003, 09:56 AM
:D
Alright! I took another look at this photo and then at my legs! :D They are not really that white...really, if you look at the part of my pants you will see really white light...
Do I have tanned legs? No! But those legs in the picture look like I bloodless legs! I actually have a tiny bit of color and some freckles :D

I am working on trying to be really brave with this plein air stuff. Neighborhood still feels safer to me. I want to go out to the shore where there are a whole bunch of strangers and stuff and some nice scenery and rocks and it looks wonderful. I'm working up to it. :D

bnoonan
06-29-2003, 11:30 AM
I still say they are white on my computer monitor!

Try using a headset when you paint - I find that folks see the headphones on my ears and approach but don't talk to me. I can also ignore them like i can't hear them but I know they are there.

B

Dark_Shades
06-29-2003, 01:35 PM
Will have to direct Smudge over here lolol.... he wont feel so bad ;)

You look completely diff Sandy, from your photo in just for Fun.... better I might add......... must confess..... I couldnt sit outside doing things like that ...... but if you want to do landscapes and plein air......... theres noooo way round it lol

Drumbeat-trish
06-29-2003, 01:54 PM
Cool pic Sandy -I agree you are very brave.
And hey * I* can tell that whiteness is just glare off the camera :) :D As Jackie keeps reminding us -the camera lies-doesn't catch those mid-values etc etc ;)

meowmeow
06-29-2003, 04:40 PM
the camera lies

:D Thanks Trish! Really...they do look white on the screen Barb...but they are not that white! Not I say! Not! :D Besides, I just spent the afternoonout on the boat with shorts and suntan lotion so they are even a tiny bit more colorful and freckled!

I did have longer, permed hair in the old photo. I like this new, shorter hairdo. Easier to take care of too!

I didn't mind talking with a few neighbors...no one hung around too long. But the headphones is a good idea if it gets to be a problem. On the other hand, if I want them to let me into their gardens I guess I need to be a bit friendly! :D

JohnnyRed
06-29-2003, 05:45 PM
Lovely look of total concentration there. You look oblivious to everything that's around you except for what you are painting.

Don't worry - I won't mention your legs if you don't mention mine LOL!! From the films, I thought ALL American's were deeply tanned. OOOOOpppssss!!! Hehehhheheheheheheeeeeeee!!!