PDA

View Full Version : Beua Strike

vegaskip
06-23-2012, 07:56 AM
I think I'll call it a day for a while after this one, I seem to be 'hogging' the posting a bit.
Beaufighters attack shipping in the North Sea
Jim
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Jun-2012/223281-Beaus_800.JPG

shadwell
06-23-2012, 08:29 AM
nice work jim what medium is it you work in ?? it has a very watercolour effect but seems equaly to be acrylics or oils i did mention to chas you had posted quite a few ( not necessarily a bad thing as they are good works ) but it has also led to me thinking about asking if we could do like cat 2 did and have individual gallery threads !!:thumbsup:

vegaskip
06-23-2012, 09:42 AM
This one is acrylic, I use watercolour as well, I used to do Oils but gave up as it didn't suit my way of painting.
I usually do a painting in an afternoon, sometimes two afternoons and very rarely three. I hardly ever comment on other peoples work, as I couldn't tell a tone from a tint or a colour from a hue, and I certainly don't consider my self an artist. I have the luxury of being able to paint what I like, when I like, and although I do sell the occasional picture and a commision now and then, I don't have to rely on it for a living.
If people like my paintings that is a bonus, and I think I have given more away than sold. There are a couple of Admirals, and ex squadron Co's who have paintings I did while in the Navy.
So there you have 'me in a nut shell'.
Jim

NeilF92
06-23-2012, 04:49 PM
That's a great subject Jim - Beaufighters and Mossies over the North Sea feature high on my list of "to do's " . You've captured the action well . I would'nt worry about posting too many - better to keep this site alive and kicking !
Unfortunately I've been diverted from any aviation art of late so can't contribute. Slowly getting back to normal after an invasion of little grandchildren !

vegaskip
06-24-2012, 04:40 AM
Hi Neil, I'll keep an eye open and if it gets too quiet, there's pleanty more in the corner, against the studio wall.
Jim

NeilF92
06-24-2012, 06:05 AM
Hi Neil, I'll keep an eye open and if it gets too quiet, there's pleanty more in the corner, against the studio wall.
Jim

Oh yes - I can identify with that Jim! I have an ever growing pile of framed and unframed canvasses in my " artists own collection" which my wife sees (rightly) as a waste of money.
Must make an effort to sell some - just to get the cost of frames and canvasses back. It's got to the stage where she even suggested I stop painting! Yeah right ! - I won't be going down that road any time soon!
Fact is I'm too idle to get my beam end out there to find places that would hang and sell for a fee. One day soon! Car boot sales don't appeal - people arent looking to spend enough there.

halthepainter
06-24-2012, 08:59 AM
I like seeing your work Jim. It's inspriring.

8152roy
06-24-2012, 04:47 PM
:eek: :eek:
Jim your work is amazing ,I think I have looked at all your posts on aviation art.My machine is slow to day /maybe it is the wet weather/So I have only commented on this site , what a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

vegaskip
06-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Thanks roy,always nice to get complements.
regards Jim

Propwash
06-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Beautiful work, Jim. I love the realism of the sea you've captured.