PDA

View Full Version : photo shop

roxanne_mc
12-06-2000, 01:43 PM
I have photo shop6 and I dont' even know how to use it... I have tried the book and just playing around with it..but I feel brain dead. Any one have suggestions..tips etc.. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif

nnelson1
12-06-2000, 05:01 PM
First, determine what it is you want to do. These programs have gotten so sophisticated that it can become very daunting to try and "master" them quickly.
Make a list of the top ten things you want to be able to do and I'll try and help you through them.

Nick

Jaxart
12-08-2000, 07:43 AM
This question can be best answered in the Digital art Forum...There are PhotoShop Guru's over there. Ill pop this on over!

------------------
Allen
--
"Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one." - Stella Adler (b. 1902)

Shriner
12-08-2000, 08:50 PM
Haha... I don't know if I can call myself a guru, but I do TEACH Photoshop. Ask questions here and I will do my best to answer them. Promise!

A very simple book that seems effective for most people is "Classroom in a Book" by Adobe (appropriate since it is their software)...

go through that text and ask questions as you run into problems. Always realize, there are at least 2 - 3 ways to accomplish each task, so there is RARELY one solution to a question...

I will try to visit more often in the next week. I have been extremely busy lately and haven't been reading all of the threads...

------------------
Shriner

Kevin M
12-09-2000, 07:49 AM
Photoshop is a bit daunting for the first time user but - like riding a bike, the more you do it, the easier it gets. You will also find that there are several ways of doing almost everything with everything being the operative word as it is difficult to find what Photoshop is unable to do in the line of image editing. Since Adobe added multiple undo (History) in version 5, Photoshop is unquetionably 'the' image editor.

As far as learning is concerned, set yourself projects that interest you personally and have a good manual to hand. There are a number of good book choices available. (I found Deke McClelland's Photoshop Bible both easy to follow and thorough).
As a first step doodle with all the tools just to see what they do.

digistyle
12-09-2000, 03:23 PM
I've been using Photoshop 5.5 for a little while now. The books that have helped me most are "Photoshop 5 for Windows for Dummies" and "Photoshop 5/5.5 Wow Book". There are also numerous tutorials on the Web that you can use. I'm currently taking the free Advanced Photoshop online course thats offered through Barnes & Noble (www.bn.com). We're using the "Adobe Photoshop 5.5 Web Edition Classroom in a Book" as our texttbook.

Hope this helps,
Lorenzo

Shriner
12-13-2000, 03:59 AM
I love those Wow books - I haven't looked at one since 4.0 though... I have fun with Image Ready these days. so easy to do simple quick animations

------------------
Shriner