GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Is it organic?
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 40x30cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Wanted to do a painting that activates the mind of the viewer, though it's not a big issue.
I couldn't take a picture that does justice to this little piece. It was glimmering and the dark red, for instance, is in reality much darker. Had tot take it from aside.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Does it interest?
One point of critiscism might be the composition being heavy on the bottom. I noticed it only when it was too late to alter.

crazywoman53
06-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Yes I would agree the composition is a little bottom heavy. But it is interesting and thought provoking. It made me think of a milder version of "the thing" horror movie that turned into some kind of monster. :) Photographing problems.. I understand.. with you on that one.

Ronni
06-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Wow!!!!! I'm so impressed....u sure made my mind work hard....

Coen1
06-21-2012, 02:16 PM
@ crazywoman53: Thank you very much. I did not see the movie. Wasn't intending to provoke either, but I guess it is provoking for it is looking rather (human or animal) organic. The used colour (madder) is transparent of itself and I used quite some medium which caused the biggest photoproblems.
@ Ronni. You're very kind. Thank you!

Spyderbabe
06-21-2012, 03:12 PM
LOL I spend some time tying to decide just which organ it might be ;-)

La_
06-22-2012, 02:16 AM
k, the background is trying to spell something, top left, happy accident or are you texting subliminally ... agree totally with spyder ...

i'd love to see water, oozing up from the ground, or soaking into the ground, they look moist, pliable still, perhaps the water has just melted away ...

funky cool

la

dgford
06-22-2012, 08:04 AM
Whatever it is, I'd get it excised as soon as possible ! Nothing like that should be allowed to multiply !!!
The fact that it lies in the lower reaches of the composition gives one the awful feeling that it has left room to grow and writhe its way upwards.
Organic? Depends on what it has been fed! Personally, I think it needs a good dose of pesticide !!!
Wonderful handling of colour and tones showing great artistic awareness.
Geoff

Andrewcody
06-22-2012, 10:33 AM
Boom boom boom boom....yes definitely organic
It has sucked the moisture from the ground, and it is on the move
seeking, searching........it was kept in a laboratory vat,
Half Blood, half Sodium salicylate.
One day a janitor carelessly knocked the vat over .....

Ever heard Bill Cosby's The Chicken Heart?

Andrew

Debzy
06-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Alien! Very clever! =)) Debs

AntonioBernal
06-23-2012, 06:35 AM
Cool and wicked! Different from what I had seen from you! You can feel the movement in those tentacles...I like very much how you've rendered the background, and the highlights add enough sliminess in my opinion.

I think this is very well done. The bottom heavy composition adds to the general odd, weird feeling...

I wouldn't like to have that think near me but you did a great job :)

Coen1
06-24-2012, 09:41 AM
@ spyderbabe: anyone you like, spyderbabe!
@ La: Happy co´ncidence, La, I didn't try to spell anything. What do you read? Yes, flu´d could hav been there too. Thanks, La.
@ dgford: Reading your comment was a joy. I suggest I burn this canvas as soon as possible! Thank you very much.
@ Andrewcody: Thanks a lot for interpreting my work! It could have been like you said, in fact, it must have been (especially the janitor part ...)! I didn't hear Cosby until now. So you think 'my organ' would have kept Cosby in his crib?:)
@ Debzy: Clever? Than it's definitely organic!
@ Antoniobernal: Thank you, Antonio. Yes, it's somewhat different, isn't it? I'm very pleased with your comments, but I'm afraid I can't get away with the composition, even as a weird element in a weird painting.:)