PDA

View Full Version : Number 4

Jakeally
06-26-2003, 10:38 AM
Hiya.....Number 4 in my series of birds. Magpie....done in ink first then coloured in CP's.
I have done this picture before but this one is much better I think.
First the pen and ink version
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jun-2003/4535-Magpie1.jpg
and with CP added
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-Jun-2003/4535-Magpie2.jpg
As usual comments and crits are more than welcome:D

drwells
06-26-2003, 10:56 AM
:clap: :clap: CHRIS :clap: :clap:

This is ridiculous awesome!!! You just keep raising the bar with your work. My goodness! You HAVE to do something with these. Postcards, something. Beautiful!!

d

DSPIT
06-26-2003, 11:12 AM
The colors around the head are absolutely stunning. The whole piece is great, but the shine on the head is sooooo naturally realistic.

I am with drwells with this. It seems to me these are a very high quality piece of work and could be used for something larger than just our own enjoyment:D What to do, what to do.

Bob

artdude
06-26-2003, 11:17 AM
Once again I am AMAZED with how good these bird drawings are that you have been posting!! Look forward to seeing each one :D Love how you did the tree limb and the background one. Makes for a nicely balanced composition!! Lovely detail in the bird as well :D:)

:clap: AWESOME!!! :clap:

jjsangel
06-26-2003, 11:18 AM
Chris is is GORGEOUS.. I love how you've done the feathers and the branch.. And the colors...........You can actually see the irridescent look to the feathers. Beautiful job.

BTDogMom
06-26-2003, 11:36 AM
WOW!!! Chris - not only is your ink work amazing - just as always - but u have a wonderful hand at CP - I love it!!! I can c the shine of the sun glistening off his wings - just GORGEOUS!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

MonicaB
06-26-2003, 12:30 PM
Holy crow -- I mean Magpie! :D I know you've already heard this, but it's awesome!

sassybird
06-26-2003, 01:02 PM
We have magpies here too. I love birds. It is so nice to live in an area where you can hear the birds singing in the morning. Although when you have a group of quails having an arguement outside you bedroom window is not a good way to wake up......lol

Jakeally
06-26-2003, 01:55 PM
Ohhhhh!....you guys are just awesome....thank you so much....you all keep me motivated and inspired:D :clap: Dear Danny.....you know how I feel....its just the same as you. I love doing what I am doing but the thought of taking it that step further is terrifying:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Bob.....thank you....all these bird pics are going to be sent out in the Expand your Horizons project. I love to paint and draw but if I had to do it for monitary reasons I would just curl up and die:D
I have to do it for myself or it just doesn't work:rolleyes:
I am so glad you liked the head....I was quite pleased with the way that turned out:D

Thanks Sharon:D The sheen was what I was trying to achieve and you know that is the most difficult thing. How do you stop yourself from doing just one more penstroke. I think I nearly got there this time:D

Thanks Murray....and thankyou for the comments on the background shrub....that was all done free hand and I am very pleased with the way it turned out:D

Jamie...thanks so much....I just haven't got enough colours in the CP's to do what I want to. May be I should use my crayolas as well.....what do you think:D

Monica....thank you so much....you are always there for me and I appreciate it more than I can say:D

Sassy...LOLOLOLOL....no I haven't had the pleasure of quails outside the window but believe me....you haven't lived unless you you have had a very amourous robin singing his heart out at 3 am to 5am...LOLOLOL....you love him and you want to throttle him at the same time:D :D

dolors
06-27-2003, 01:11 AM
Chris your birds series is awesome. You are going to make very happy five people in the project. They are all beautiful and you are improving in each one. Thank you for sharing with us.

Arcanjo
06-27-2003, 02:23 AM
:D :) :p Hi, They all have said it and I agree.

Beijinhos

MJ

Jakeally
06-27-2003, 04:19 AM
Thanks for sticking with me Dolors....you know I value your comments very much:D
Well they say that practice makes perfect :D and I am getting more familiar with the feather patterns with each one I do. I am also getting lots of experience with the different colouring methods. It is very interesting to see the differences:cat:

Hiya MJ....thanks for popping in:cat:

rapolina
06-27-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by jjsangel
Chris is is GORGEOUS.. I love how you've done the feathers and the branch.. And the colors...........You can actually see the irridescent look to the feathers. Beautiful job.
i totally agree, it's so beautiful!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

ciao, rapolina.

surreal
06-27-2003, 11:37 AM
Completely and utterly exquisite work!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jakeally
06-27-2003, 01:51 PM
Thanks Nina:D

seejay
06-27-2003, 11:10 PM
Your magpie is lovely Chris. :clap: :clap:

There's something about the lichen on the branch, it keeps grabbing my attention away from the bird - could just be me, or it may be too green, or ...????

Great pic, anyway!

Cheers

Jakeally
06-28-2003, 07:57 AM
Thanks Chris.....I'll check it out:D

Elankat
06-28-2003, 02:46 PM
*whispers in her ear*
Shade your whites.

*in a louder voice*

Chris, I think this is another fantastic bird. You really out to think about doing a calender or something. You have such a knack for them. :D

Jakeally
06-29-2003, 03:36 AM
LMAO....OK Leanne....will do:D and thank you for looking and keeping me on the right track:cat:

fadinglights
07-01-2003, 12:46 AM
I love your birds soooo much!!!! Great work, Chris!!!

Sharon

Jakeally
07-01-2003, 05:33 AM
Thanks Sharon....you are so kind:D