PDA

View Full Version : Sign up here to join our Summer Creativity Chatgroup!

DanaT
06-26-2003, 09:14 AM
Thanks everybody who voted in the poll to choose the selection we would discuss this summer.

The poll has just closed and the winner is:

Book - The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0446671002/103-7230805-4275029?v=glance&s=books)

This is the original book "The Celestine Prophecy - An Adventure" NOT any of the companion guides, experiential guides, or whatever other books the original spawned.

If you're still unsure, check out the Amazon link above. That takes you to the original book.

Would everyone who is interested, post a reply here in this thread?

Unless the majority have strenuous objections, we'll discuss the first chapter on Sunday, June 6 at 9pm EST.

Looking forward to getting with all you creative spirits!

:)

Gisele
06-26-2003, 05:32 PM
Count me in! I already have a copy in hand so I'm ready:D

Gisele:)

DanaT
06-26-2003, 06:59 PM
Great Gisele.

Welcome aboard.

lori
06-26-2003, 09:06 PM
i'm in...hopefully that is JULY 6th? not june, or i'm really late!

p.s. hi dana!

pastelist
06-26-2003, 09:09 PM
I am glad a decision was finally made. Looking forward to being involved. Thanks DanaT.

:clap:

DanaT
06-26-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by lori
i'm in...hopefully that is JULY 6th? not june, or i'm really late!

p.s. hi dana!

hi lori!

yes, you can tell i'm calendar challenged! hmm, too bad the celestine prophecy won't help with that!

LOL

Welcome to the chat.

pastelist,

yes, well, i think for a decision by committee this was made pretty darn fast. On Capitol Hill, they'd still be debating. (I'm glad we came to a decision too!)

Welcome!

Rose Queen
06-26-2003, 09:57 PM
I will be away a lot of the later part of the summer, but count me in when I'm in town!

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

100% free webcam site! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=0) | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=2) | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3 (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=4)

pastelist
06-26-2003, 10:19 PM
Looking foward to our new project. :D

:clap: :) :D

Wolrab
06-27-2003, 12:00 AM
Count me in!!!

DanaT
06-27-2003, 03:17 AM
Rose Queen, we'd love to have you when we can!

pastelist :D

wolrab welcome!

ScarletLake
06-27-2003, 07:37 AM
Dana

Count me in.

I'm doing just horrible with this Artist's Way. I just can't stay on track with it & then I feel quilty.

Anita

SunDogDeb
06-27-2003, 09:15 AM
I already have the book, too. I'll try to be there when I can. Is there a password for the chat?

SunDogDeb

DanaT
06-27-2003, 10:05 AM
Welcome Deb and Anita!

We haven't figured out if there will be a separate password or chatroom yet. Stay tuned. :)

BeyondTheNineSquares
06-27-2003, 11:50 AM
I have an incredibly long summer reading list (and summer books on tape list) without even adding this one, but given its popularity with this group, who's opinions I've grown to trust, I am thinking it deserves a second look. I will be away a whole lot this summer so I am not sure how much I will be able to interact with you all, but I'll do my best!

Oh, btw, check out the Break Out Principle. It was excerpted (sp?) in Family Circle or Woman's Day in April. I got the tapes and love it. Someone mentioned not getting as much from books on tape, but I find that I listen to them more than once, and they fill "wasted" time spent in traffic. I still read more than listen to, and still mostly choose to play music in the car, when I have more than one book going at once it can be handy to "play" one of them.

DanaT
06-27-2003, 04:02 PM
Hi Martha!

We'd love you to join us when you can. I agree with you about the cassettes. I might get the Celestine Prophecy on tape; I already know I want to get TAW on tape as a refresher.

I think all of these creativity books come at the same thing from a different angle. With any of them, you take what you want and leave the rest.

At least, that's how I see it.

Dana

ps thanks for the tip on the Breakout Principle. You're the second person that's recommended that book.

BeyondTheNineSquares
06-29-2003, 09:26 PM
I haven't found the book yet, and I've got lots to do to prepare for my trip (as in finding the summer clothes since we've only had a few days of summer thus far) and there's packing and such, but hopefully I'll find time for a book store this week, and definitely will in SC since my artistic friends are book lovers too! Gotta love it!

I will keep my eyes open for the book and join you when I can!

thorntonmetalwerx
06-30-2003, 01:52 AM
I'm in for it.

Thanks,

-Susan

DanaT
06-30-2003, 11:14 AM
OK, fellow creatives.

The first chatgroup meets this Sunday at 9pm est in the Creativity Chatroom. I'll email the new password to everyone that signed up here.

Homework assignment for the week.(don't worry its easy!)

1. Get the book.
2. Read the first chapter.
3. Come to chat in the Creativity chatroom on this Sunday at 9pm est.

See ya then!

:D

PS If you need help with chat let me know.

Borum
06-30-2003, 01:38 PM
Please count me in....

DanaT
06-30-2003, 05:32 PM
Great, Borum!

We'll see you this Sunday. Just remember to pick up the book and read the First Insight by then.

I'll email you the password for the Creativity Chatroom.

DanaT
06-30-2003, 05:36 PM
PS, you guys know that this is fiction, right?

Its truths are the nine insights which ordinary people can relate to in their everyday lives. Still an excellent read.

Just checking. :)

pastelist
06-30-2003, 09:30 PM
Hello to old friends and new ones:
DanaT, Rose Queen, Sun Dog Deb, BTNS, Scarletlake, Wolrab, Lori, Gisele,Borum and thortonmetalwerx.

I am looking forward to Sunday evening.

Have the book already!

Thanks Dana for everything!

DanaT
07-01-2003, 03:40 PM
Hi all! I just re read the first insight last night! It sure brought back memories of my introduction to synchronicity (apart from the Police album :D ).

Do we want a separate Celestine thread to post our thoughts and insights on while we read the book together? I was thinking about calling it the Celestine Chronicles.

What do you think? Would you post to a Celestine-based thread?

Wolrab
07-01-2003, 06:07 PM
I thinka Celestine-based thread would be a great.

DanaT
07-01-2003, 07:18 PM
OK, will do! :D

Here it is:

The Celestine Chronicles: A Travel Journal for a Nine Week Adventure (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116920)

I thought it would be fun to make it like a travel journal. After all, it is an adventure story and what's a trip without a travel journal?

paintergirl
07-02-2003, 03:09 PM
Hi Dana :D
Count me in. A thread would be great on this too, thanks for putting one together! Am going to crack it open tonight and read the First Insight.

DanaT
07-02-2003, 05:36 PM
welcome Julia.

i just sent you the pm with the password

Cinderella
07-06-2003, 02:52 AM
Dear Dana,
I did a quick check today and will be picking up the book at the library. So, Sunday night will be to inform me only. I look forward to giving it a try. Please be patient with me. I am not technically inclined and never have participated in a live chat before. I am Pacific Standard Time.......it'll be 6:00 pm here. This will be fun!
Thanks, Cinderella

DanaT
07-06-2003, 11:54 AM
I just sent you the password.

thorntonmetalwerx
07-06-2003, 02:24 PM
I've lost the password:crying: . If you could send it again I would be thankful.

Thanks'

-Susan

DanaT
07-06-2003, 03:16 PM
Just pmed you.

paintergirl
07-06-2003, 04:25 PM
Am going to miss my first night at the creative chat...:( Sorry guys. Have already read my first chapter and will follow the thread this week for updates.

Business- on a Sunday. Don't usually do appts. then but the people opening the business don't have any time during the week and I live quite rural. If they have left by 8 pm(I'm central time here) I will scoot in anyhow. It's a bulk purchase for a new women's fitness centre opening here - wish me luck! And have fun tonight, I am looking forward to meeting with you all :D

Cinderella
07-06-2003, 05:10 PM
Hi There,
Being that I do not yet have a copy of the book, might I politely ask to be accepted into the live chat NEXT Sunday. My girlfriend just e-mailed me and wants to visit at 5 or 6 pm. Apologies and INTERESTED. Tomorrow our library is open. Today it is not. There are plenty of copies throughout the county, including the branch less than a mile from our home. So, I will be in soon to chat. I will plan on reading the first 2 chapters as I assume we are doing a chapter a week. Dana, if my friend cancels last minute, I plan to listen in. Sincerely, Cinderella

Wolrab
07-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Amazon.com has the first chapter available for online reading. Celestine Prophecy preview pages 1-25 (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0446671002/ref=lib_dp_TFCV/104-1638450-4923929?v=glance&s=books&vi=reader#reader-link) Includes chapter 1. just trying to be helpful..cheers...:)

DanaT
07-06-2003, 08:41 PM
Thanks wolrab.

Cathy Morgan
07-11-2003, 10:57 PM
I found the book at the library today, had missed the post about the first chapter being online. Is it OK to join in late? Starting this coming Sunday night? I guess this will be on chapter 2? I don't usually do chat but I'd like to give it a try.

DanaT
07-11-2003, 11:36 PM
sure cathy i'll pm you the password

Julianne
08-31-2003, 07:55 AM
Yowch - 5pm Sunday is 6am Monday in Tokyo :eek:

(and for you aussies it's 7am Monday, not Sunday...)

How long do the chats go for? If my body clock lets me do it, I sure won't be waking up before then to do morning pages!

By the way, I worked thru The Artists way about 5 years ago. It would be fun and I imagine quite powerful to do it with a group. And someone asked about her latest book, Walking in this World. I have it, haven't finished the whole book. It's very nice and would also be nice to work thru as per the same system. I liked a lot of the Vein of Gold but some parts got a little bit too out there for me, so I never actually worked through it, (though it got me walking, which was great) but this new book returns to the same kind of vein as the original Artist's Way.

Here's an interesting aside - assuming this is the correct thread to write about this in - I did morning pages for maybe 3 1/2 years or even longer. The funny thing was that I found I was more productive and creative, and more wonderful things happened to me after I stopped writing on a daily basis. Indeed since then at times my creative life has been way too full to even have time or headspace for writing, especially when in the midst of intensely busy creative projects. But - here was probably problem. I really enjoy writing, and I've kept a journal for years, so I would often continue on after the 3 page mark. I certainly had great insights into following my inner (and outer) process, but I found I didn't have energy left for other creative activities the rest of the day. For me it became like a modified John Lennon line: "Life is what happens when you're busy writing morning pages". The book, as far as I can remember, never said not to write more than 3 pages, though it certainly did say not to write less than 3 pages.

If I join the group I will definitely be keeping the morning pages very short. I always write down my dreams as I'm avidly into dreams, so I guess that would be part of the pages too.

Nowadays I tend to write when I need to. Sometimes daily, but sometimes a week or more can go by without me writing. Funnily enough this seems to have freed up my energy to be more creative in other ways. Perhaps I am the opposite of most people in being too involved in my life process and so need to take a break from it in order to get out there and live it more creatively and fulfillingly.

I remember reading in The Vein Of Gold, how Julia Cameron refers to Tim Wheeter's flute playing in the morning as the musical equivalent to morning pages. I'm a professional musican and when I write songs I frequently play around with ideas in the mornings. I may explore my morning pages a little more this time round, in other mediums.... you know, like a morning freestyle painting sketch/drawing/doodle .... or free improvise music in the mornings and then grab any ideas that might want to stick, etc, etc..... as well as the writing.

Okay, that's enough for now. I shouldn't write too much, since I'm not even sure how committed I could be to 6am chats every week for 3 months on my musicians hours ;) Still, at least I know for sure that I wouldn't be doing anything else at that time of the day....

Cheers
Julianne

thorntonmetalwerx
08-31-2003, 10:14 PM
Did I miss the chat? I logged on at about 9:30 est. I was just wondering.

-Susan

DanaT
09-03-2003, 06:13 PM
Hi Susan. I thought you were all still celebrating Labor Day so I must have signed off about 5 minutes before you came on.

I enjoyed the book and I'm looking forward to coordinating it with the TAW program starting up. You are joining us aren't you?