PDA

View Full Version : Fisherman with red shorts

frujin
06-20-2012, 10:25 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/06-20-2012/1020452_fish_small600.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Fisherman with red shorts
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Board
Dimension: 30x40 cm.
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Done just for fun.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any valuable advices how to make these things better in the future please :)

Mikey
06-20-2012, 02:18 PM
This is refreshingly different. It may be a matter of opinion, but I would want to improve my lines if I were you. Picasso was a great master draughtsman and it gives me pleasure to look at his work for that reason.

bocote
06-20-2012, 02:55 PM
I like this style. Lines are fine with me. Composition could use better planning.

tgsloth
06-20-2012, 03:12 PM
I think it's way cool. Both the fisherman and the fish have personalities. I like the presentation of half the fisherman and the hue choices. I like the mottling of the blue background. I don't see any particular way to make this better without losing its cartoony aspect.

AntonioBernal
06-20-2012, 06:29 PM
I like it! Nice composition and a very interesting style. In my opinion I'd watch the brush strokes. I see you use some bold, short, strong strokes throughout the painting, which is cool, but in some areas, specially around subjects they seem to follow the direction of the lines, and I find that a bit distracting. Specially in the blue blackground around the man's head, it creates a bit of a halo effect. I think it would look better if you tried to keep the same direction in all those brush strokes, and would push that background a bit further, adding some depth.

I hope I managed to explain what I mean! Just my opinion though.

Thanks for sharing, hope to see more.

Antonio

Andrewcody
06-20-2012, 09:07 PM
I think the red shorts would look better on the fish

Andrew

Coen1
06-21-2012, 05:23 AM
Wonderful illustration. Don't change anything: it's finished.

Debzy
06-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Hah.... Andrew strikes again! "Fish with Red Shorts.... " =)) I like the quirkiness of this painting, if that is the correct word to use, but I am missing the fishing line.... unless the fish levitated up to see the man? I agree that the expression is clever! =)) Debs

lunchbox
06-21-2012, 09:10 PM
Agree with the black line control, using crisper edges for the definition between shapes. Love the eye to eye, and the title :)

Jonny_L
06-24-2012, 09:25 AM
I smiled as soon as I saw this painting. Lovely. Well done.