PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for graphic tablet

xoul
06-15-2000, 11:22 PM
I need to get a graphic tablet that i can use for web designing and to eliminate the use of the mouse. Can any one give me recommendations on which graphic tablet to get?. I was considering the Pablo, Graphire and some other inexpensive usb-based tablets.

tammy
06-15-2000, 11:42 PM
I have Pablo. I used it twice, now gathers dust. I don't know if that says something about me or it!

Gisela
06-16-2000, 12:13 AM
I have a Wacom. Love it!

Gisela

------------------
http://www.artistnation.com/members/paris/gisela

Rod
06-16-2000, 05:17 PM
Thinking of getting one myself, I beleive some need a special AGP video card,
Rod

------------------
Watercolours from New Zealand (http://www.artistnation.com/members/paris/rod/)

Miltz
06-18-2000, 12:57 AM
Wacom, definitly! Giesla is so right! I have been using these for 8 years, and I wouldn't think of using Photoshop or Painter without it. Just the thing for quick butchering of critique forum pics! On the other hand, I still use a mouse or trackball at the same time for precise vector work and general work. Unless you fighting a repetitive stress injury just use them both.
To get in at a low cost, I would recommend a small Wacom Intuos tablet. Even the 4x5" (around $175.00) has as much total resolution and 4 times the pressure sensitivity of my first 12"x12" one. Plus you can eventually graduate to the WAY cool airbrush stylus if you wish!
Listen to Tammy here and do not scrimp on this purchase, bad tablets can sour you on the whole idea and you will never know what you are missing. Good Luck!
Oh, Rod, you shouldn't need any special video card with a Wacom, the drivers are just like mouse drivers on both PCs and Macs. My mac ones seem to work far more smoothly though, don't know why. The pressure sensitivity functions are usually turned on from within your art aps.
-Mark

[This message has been edited by Miltz (edited June 18, 2000).]

scottb
06-18-2000, 08:02 AM
Moving this to the Digital Art Forum, gang... :-)

Cheers.
Scott

jweir
08-03-2000, 03:36 PM
I use wacom .... it is great I have the Graphire ... it is nice I have a mouse or pen ... I find now that I have it I use the pen more then mouse, but if the rest of the family wants to use the computer the mouse is there for them to use...

Jim Weir