Thanks

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Give me your FIRST thought when you view this image
consider composition
content
color

lunchbox
06-18-2012, 08:59 PM
As detailed as the clothes are starting to be, maybe more detail in the faces? More definition to the coffee mug to our right as it is disappearing a bit into his shirt on my monitor. Really like the background as it is, makes for an interesting painting:)

Andrewcody
06-18-2012, 10:15 PM
The hat on the right seems to be off center, the one on the left seem propped a little high on the head
Fire appears jet fueled
What is the guy on the right sitting on?
Background looks ok, thought if this is still foggy the shadows would be less well defined.
It is a pity the image is cropped at the bottom.

Andrew

birdhs
06-18-2012, 10:44 PM
I really like the concept of the fogged trees, it sets off the men well, could even be a bit softer. or darker if it is early evening

I agree that the bottom seems chopped off. and the fire is too intense to be sitting that close.

the men are well rendered and well thought out.

a spot of the flames would be reflecting off the coffee cups, but that may be hard to accomplish, perhaps if you used gouache for that...

over all a pleasant piece, but I think it could be even better, thanx 4 sharing this with us, greg

song_bird
06-18-2012, 11:06 PM
My first thought was wow, this is good.

I think the background needs to connect with the foreground more. I like it very much but it feels kind of like two different pictures. Maybe lose some edges on the men to soften them a bit. Perhaps a few more darks on the background. Possibly suggest a faint green here and there to the foliage?

Agree the fire looks a bit unnatural, and coffee cups could use a little more work.

I might suggest some texture to those blue jeans. Maybe their hats are a bit too white?

Beautiful background, men well done. Really like the composition.